cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy Maintenance for Vendors in SAP MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Has anyone configured hierarchy processing for vendors in SAP MDG??

I want to know what configurations are required to make hierarchy processing work for vendors. See below screenshots.

I created a Change Request for Hierarchy Processing and then try to create a hierarchy but system throws error:

I have added user name in the Get Agent decision table and also in the customizing - Assign processors to Change Request step numbers (simple workflow):

Thanks & Regards,

Swati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am still looking for an answer to this post.

I want to know what configurations are required to make hierarchy processing work for vendors.

Please share as it will be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

It's a dump, please check 'st22' in which class it is dumping and what is the reason for dumping.

Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikar

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the Logical  action and assingment of BO in Business activity tab are assong to the CR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Now I am able to create Business partner hierarchies using "hierarchy processing".

But now the problem is I cannot find these hierarchies in SAP ECC tables like..BUT_HIER_TREE, BUT_HIER_TREE_D, BUT_HIER_NODE, BUT_HIER_NODE_D, BUT_HIER_STRUCT, BUT_HIER_NODE_BP and LFMH (vendor hierarchy).

Where are these MDG hierarchies stored in SAP ECC?

Thanks & Regards,

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

they are stored in MDG tables ... no reuse option available. Also: this hierarchies are meant to be analytical hierarchies. Which means: they are not replicated to ERP at all but it is possible to extract them to BW.

regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

I have one more question. If I want to use file upload for hierarchy upload, then in what format shall I make a csv file containing parent/child relations for existing Business Partner records and in this way building-up a MDG hierarchy structure. Can you provide a sample file for file upload of hierarchy?

When I used file download (selected entity type as BP Hierarchy) to download an existing hierarchy , then I got only hierarchy name. I do not get the parent child linkage data among business partner IDs in this file. Please see below screen and suggest.

Thanks & regards,

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

have you achieved this functionality. If so, can you please let me know the steps for the same.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

No..never uploaded hierarchy using file upload.

Answers (0)