cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% Advance Recovery of Advance given to Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any one can suggest how to do automate the advance adjustment against vendor bills

It is our policy that 100% of advances has to be adjusted against subsequent supplies .Hence recovery of advances has to be made as a mandatory

in SAP while doing MIRO

Kindly suggest how to incorporate this

Regards

Chandra Mouli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Down payment in Purchase order

Mandatory down payment - If a down payment is required by law, you use this down payment category. For example, it may be required by law that a down payment must be made as of a certain purchase order value.

Voluntary down payment - If a down payment is not required by law, but a down payment is still to be made; you use this down payment category.

Down payment not active - If you explicitly want no down payment data to be recorded, you use this down payment category

if you selected down payment in Purchase order then check and Post down payment in ME2DP T code.

What is the reason you want to recover down payment , do you want recovery of down payment after invoice or before . please elaborate the question.

Thanks

Mahesh Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For an example the PO value is 50000. we have given the advance 20000 and posted the advance through down payment posting and MIGO also done while doing invoice (MIRO) It is showing warning message "Down payment for purchase order exists" if I click the down payment clearing TAB it is showing the advance amount 20000 for MIRO adjustment as a standard process. I have an option to skip and post the transaction or partially adjust the amount but  we need a additional control the system should adjust the total advances with out manual intervention .The PO - advance  and payable only 30000.The objective is to eliminate the more number of unadjusted advances through automate the process. Please let me know any standard process available in SAP through configuration setting for achieve this.

I will appreciate you  valuable suggestion

Regards

Chandra Mouli.P

former_member190537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to the report Down payment monitoring for PO TCode: ME2DP

Down payment list shows the two indicators Red and Green

Red: Indicates that DP has not yet Processed

Green: Indicates the DP has successfully processed and payment made

Once you click on create DP button then it will take you t code F.48 as per your above msg you paid 20000 then remaining 30000 you need to pay with same.

Thanks

Mahesh Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are posting the advances through down payment posting (standard feature) not through any development. Is it possible for auto adjustment of advances

Regards

Chandra Mouli.P

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, Once you post the down payment (advance payment) to vendor. when you are processing invoice document for payment , system will show in open items in F.48 , shows only reminder quantity needs to pay like example 500 advance

and invoice need to pay 1500 so in In FI payment list for this vendor open item will show as 1000 need to pay to vendor.

500 + ---- advance payment

1500 - ---- Invoice processing for 1500.

1000+  need to pay to vendor in vendor balance sheet (FBL1N).

But not show in Vendor invoice document.

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please tell, how you are posting advance to vendor through down payment or any other method.

Through development we can do this. logic like when we are posted invoice document through development if any advances paid it will debit that amount from vendor account.

Let us try this. definitely this will work thorough development.