Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L Account with Open Items

katrin_gruber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear All,

is it possible to post the clearing of G/L Account Open Item directly with posting of Journal Entry Voucher in one step?

Thanks a lot and best regards!

Katrin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Katrin,

As far as I know,You can not post the clearing of Open items directly while posting the JEV, you can only assign the Open Item reference and include the lines in the clearing by assigning open item reference.

While creating JEV, you should have the field : open Item reference. This will allow you to assign the items to an open item reference to the Line items of JEV. If not Visible, you can personalize screen and make field available on the screen.

However you need to post this clear items assigned to the Open Item reference manually via :

General ledger work center

General ledger account

Select GL

Click on Edit and select Open Items on the selected account

Select the items

Click on Clear

I hope this will answer to your concerns.

Regards,

Harshal

thomas_meder
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Harshal,

Good advice - I think this is already a good help for an accountant.

@Katrin - if this is not sufficient, your customer should request this in IdeaPlace, so other customers can evaluate this feature request.

Best regards,

Thomas

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for the feedback and glad that it helped.

@Katrin :

In case you are still looking for the functionality Described here, Can you please log an Idea at the Idea Place as suggested By Thomas.

https://ideas.sap.com/SAPByDesign. Then the community can vote on this development idea and entries with a high rank are considered as one input for the backlog.

Regards,

Harshal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katrin,

You can clear the G/L Accounts bulk open items by posting the JEV using the following steps:

Go To "General Ledger WC" ->select  "Journal Entry Vouchers view" -> click on "New" -> select "Journal Entry Vouchers from excel".

I've attached the screenshot for your reference.

Best Regards,

Vignesh Ravichandran

katrin_gruber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Vignesh,

many thanks, but in this special business case Excle Upload is not useful.

Best regards!

Katrin