cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR - Classifcation values from Purchase info record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

after I assigned a vendor in Purchase requisition the classification values are not overtaken from Purchase info record.

PR  was created with MRP.  A vendor assigned in ME57 to Purchase requisition.  (Characteristic value are not taken from PIR)

If I created PO with this PR, the characteristic values are not copied from PIR in PO too..

no data from PIR is copied

The Customizing are done. Is this a program error or should it be solved with abap code?

BR,

Emre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you have anywhere an official reference where it is explained what you try to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Please check this link:

Classifying Purchasing Info Records - SAP Mill Products - SAP Library

Additional information: If I enter a vendor at creation of PR then  it works and the values are copied from PIR.

BR,

Emre

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not in MILL version, so I can't check, but what I read in the docu it seems your system works as expected.

See the Note in the middle of the page from

Classifying Purchasing Info Records - SAP Mill Products - SAP Library

it says: In the case of a purchase requisition the system adopts the characteristic value assignments from the purchasing info record if a desired vendor or a fixed vendor was entered.

This is exact what you have, it works with a fixed vendor in the PR.

and in any other case: The system does not transfer the characteristic value assignments from the purchasing info record until you go the configuration data of the item in the purchase requisition or in the purchasing document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thank you for your reply!

I am not working with fixed vendor. I want to assign the vendor in ME57.

After I entered vendor in ME57 i go to configuration data of item (configuration button in item level) in purchase requisition or in purchase order after I transferred to PO but the characteristics value are not updated from PIR what I expected from system.

I can not find any OS-Note for this issue.

If you have any idea i would be really appreciated.

BR,

Emre

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already said, I have no chance to test it or to even look it up in any system.

I feel the screenshots are not really consistent, at least thats my impression as all screenshots show just a certain detail without any connection point to another screenshot.

e.g. you show the PR item overview  and item detail in 2 different screenshots. Also the overview looks quite strange without showing account assignment, item category and material number fields.

I can see an account assignment tab in the detail screen, hence I would expect an account assignment categoryand no creation through MRP in this case.

I can see a description TES in one screenshot and the description TEST in another screenshot.

The IMG activity with the customizing for transfer characteristic values seems to be specific per item category, so it would be important to match this with the item category of the PR.

Had you saved the assignment in ME57 and then gone into the configuration?