cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting of Date - DATS 8 or 10 char?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am extracting a date from a flat file and then passing it to an InfoObject with DATS type. I thought DATS has only 8 characters but when i look at target once data is loaded it seems to have 10 characters? Details of what happens to the data is below.

Source: 01/04/2013

PSA: 01/04/2013

Target: 20.4/.01/0

I am looking to use a formula to adjust the data in the transformation - but should i include the "." (dot) or not?

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member186053
Active Contributor

Hi Leo,

The date will be stored as YYYYMMDD in database level, but while displaying it shows as DD.MM.YYYY. So you need give in your excell sheet in YYYYMMDD format.

Thanks,

Vengal.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

DATE is configured as DATS with 8 characters (format is YYYYMMDD)..Perhaps you used any CONVERSION ROUTINE in your TRANSFORMATION or DATASOURCE..

Please check the field connected to DATE that you are uploading in DATASOURCE..Is it EXTERNAL or INTERNAL?

You don't need any formula to do this..If the field getting the date in datasource is INTERNAL, your upload file should be in YYYYMMDD format..But if it is EXTERNAL, you will get your desired output..

Regards,

Loed

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am understand correct if you are loading flat file

do one thing

open the excel file -> go to the date column -> right click -> select format cells -> go to the custom -> maintain the YYYYMMDD - save it.

after check the data format

after load the data to BW system then you won't get any error.

-Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can change date format in su03

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all your responses:

Vengal - The date will be stored as YYYYMMDD in database level, but while displaying it shows as DD.MM.YYYY. So you need give in your excell sheet in YYYYMMDD format.

that is correct and i have resolved the issue.

For some reason this post is not coming up as a question...so cannot assign points. sorry! Not sure what happened - have liked your posts instead.

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators,

Pravender Kumar

Could you please help Leo to mark this thread as 'answered' as Leo could not get the option to do so.

Thanks,

Vengal.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vengal,

This thread is not a QUESTION so there is no MARK ANSWER AS CORRECT button..

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -  Pravender Kumar, if you could change this to a question for me that would be great.

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

It was intentionally put as "Not Question" considering the question type.

Regards,

Pravender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dats have char8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

When ever we create an InfoObject of type as DATS, by default it will take  lenght as 8 and the output lenght as 10. We need not to do anything more on this in transformation level as well. As you said "." is not required. You can try create an InfoObject by using reference of 0DATE/0CALDAY (if you do not want to any customization on your InfoObject). Alternatively, check the date format in source file. Hope, it may help you.

Best Regards

Venkat...

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

use the 0CALDAY info object for the date field.

SAP system will take input - YYYYMMDD

but after loading the data will give out put - DD.MM.YYYY.

ex- 20150302 - input

02.03.2015 - output.

use the info object - 0CALDAY - data type DATS, lenght - 8.

-Phani.