Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM - Folder New Option not available for /etc file repository

prasanstar1986
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus ,

I am trying to create a new html file in KM under root->etc file repository .

But I could not find the Folder -> New option available for this repository. But its available for other repository .

But I could see that it is available for other root->document repository .

So I check the Sys Admin -> KM->Content Management->File sys Repository ->etc and checked whether the repository is active .

Then check for the Permissions under Content Management->KM Content ->Toolbox->Permissions the required permission was available .

I have a super admin role as well . We have done a KM server restart still the issue is not resolved .

Need your assistance for the same .

Regards,

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tanushsingh_parihar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Check if the read only flag has been set in the configuration for /etc. Use the following help page to locate this configuration:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/e3/92322ab24e11d5993800508b6b8b11/content.htm?frameset=...Hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

The File System repository /etc mapped to location /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/config/cm/etc of the AS Java

Is this a Windows or Unix Flavour OS ?

In case it's a UNIX flavour , can you check if <SID>adm has WRITE Permissions to the path

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/config/cm/etc

Regards,

Ashish .A. Poojary

prasanstar1986
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus ,

Any suggestion on the above request .

Regards,

Prasanna

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

not sure but /etc is a File System Repository.  Did you checked the permissions of your user on that File System ?

--> could you access the FS with your user and create (outside KM) a file there ?

Vincent

prasanstar1986
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vincent ,

Yes I have Super Admin access to portal .

Also we have restarted KM component .

In the test environment we have the option . This issue is only in Prod environment .

Not able to figure out what is missing .

Regards,

Praaanna