cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS Job scheduling issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created and scheduled a job in BODS. Now i deleted the schedule and job from the BODS,

But still the job executing... i want to stop the job.

I don't know how to do that, please anyone help me to solve the issue.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjith.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjith,

As suggested by Viacheslav, ¨Cron¨ is simillar to ¨Tasks Scheduler¨ in Windows. Whenever you schedule any job in BODS Management Console using , it corresponding cron entry gets created at unix level. So please confirm which scheduler are you using:

Kindly check if Data Service Scheduler is selected while scheduling the job. If Yes, then kinly verify if cron job is running at unix level using command crontab -l.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Mahesh

ShwetabhNarayan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjith,

Post using the DS Scheduler to create the job, even though the job is deactivated the schedule is getting triggered with two instances of the job.

Can you please help in this regard.

ShwetabhNarayan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

Thanks for the reply... !!!!

I have got the solution for the above issue which was present in the windows task scheduler.

Thanks,

Shwetabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetabh,

Can you please help us in providing the info that how you got the resolutiion for triggering DS jobs twice from scheduler.

Thanks

Shagun

ShwetabhNarayan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shagun,

The jobs are not triggered twice from the scheduler. When we create a schedule it creates a backend task in the application server task scheduler.

Go to the application server > Tasks Scheduler,

Deactivate the job triggering twice and check the task scheduler. If still there is a task for the same job, you need to delete that manually and then activate the job.

If the deletion is not done it will find two tasks for the same job and it will be triggered twice.

Regards,

Shwetabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetabh,

Actually ,I found one SAP NOTE 1250124 in which below steps needs to be followed:

1. Delete the schedule in Management Console

2. Delete the schedule task in Windows Task Scheduler for those jobs

3. Delete *.bat and *.txt file from the LOG folder

4. Schedule all job again in Management Console.

Please let me know if this is the correct way of resolving this issue.

Also, do you have any idea on the root cause for this. WHat I observed that this happens because I Activated some deactivated jobs and due to this I am facing this issue.

Thanks

Shagun Kanodia

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cyril,

Please check same job in Repository scheduler which will run back-end jobs in BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shagun,

have you taken a look if the scheduled job is still present in the "Dataservice Management console"?  I know this can be kind of simple answer but maybe BODS keeps a shadow schedule of your job.

But let us know if your job is still active in "Repository Schedule" tab.

Cyril.

ShwetabhNarayan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Cyril,

Even if the job is not present,inactive or active(post one time creation and deletion) but if it is there in the task scheduler it will be triggered.

--

Shwetabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

And have you tried to take a look at the table (if you have access to it) AL_SCHED_INFO --> firstly it should not appear in the list and then if you can see it, try to update the field ACTIVE with 0.

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

As other members mentioned above - not enough information to be able to help you.

Is your job server on Windows or UNIX?

How did you schedule you job - using BOE, DS or 3rd party scheduler?

Thank you,

Viacheslav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi viacheslav,

My job server is running on UNIX.

I am scheduling my job using SAP Data services management console in web browser.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjith

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

When scheduling in DS Management Console - do you use "BOE Scheduler" or "Data Services Scheduler" option?

In case of latter, login to Job Server machine using the DS Owner user and check crontab using "crontab -l" command.

Thank you,

Viacheslav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using "Data Services Scheduler" option to schedule my job..

can you explain your second point briefly?

Thanks,

Ranjith.

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

When scheduling your job using Data Services scheduler and your Job Server is on Linux machine it will create an entry in cron (Cron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The command check cron tables is "crontab -l".

Thank you,

Viacheslav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must be using some third party scheduler which would be out of your knowledge.

try to figure it out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am scheduling my job using SAP Data services management console in web browser.

Thanks,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

If its windows, go to the task manager and select the activity to disable or remove the deleted job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

which environment it is ? did you see any entries related to your job  AL_SCHED_INFO table ?