Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which SAP module will suite my profile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , I have just joined this forum. I am a MBA Finance graduate with 6.5 years of experiences- 4 years in Insurance operations ,2 years in real estate operations and 6 months as a Project Consultant- Project management in Hospitality Industry. Now I am jobless and looking for jobs in Bangalore. I need someone to guide me and suggest me a suitable SAP module which can enhance my career opportunities. I thinking of exploring the opportunities in SAP. Please do suggest and comment. Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should go for FICO.

0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Koli. But is this the only option for me. Can you suggest some more based on the market demand and at the same time relevant to my experience?

0 Kudos

Hello,

there are many functional modules which i can suggest you. Like

FI - The Financial Accounting module

CO - Controlling module

AM - Asset Management module

PS- Project Systems module

HR - Human Resources module

PM - Plant Maintenance module

MM - Materials Management module

QM - Quality Management module

PP - Production Planning module

SD - Sales Distribution module

Accounts Payable

Customer Financial Services

Planning & Scheduling

Customer Order Execution

Delivery, Inventory ....

Production

Warehouse Management

Purchasing

Financial Management

MARKETING MANAGEMENT

Funds Management (FM)

Investment Management (IM)

Logistics (LO)

Project System (PS)

SAP Business Workflow (WF)

Treasury (TR)

Business Intelligence Products

But you need find your path which one you have chose i will suggest don't decide on choice which one will give more money, make choice depending on your interest.

0 Kudos

Thanks,

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

First Try your luck with FI and if you like it, then you yourself will be able to figure out which module can inspire and make you love your job. Good luck .

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I will try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It completely depends on your interest.

Don't choose SAP because it's have good opportunity.

If you've decided to go for SAP then FICO will be better option for you, provided you love finance.

But if you like operation the you can go for MM,WM,SD, or PP.

Again its depends on your interest level.

Regards,

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Thanks for the valuable suggestion. Could you please tell me how much would it cost to get trained in FICO from a normal institute in Bangalore. Also let me know how long would it take to get a fair working knowledge on FICO. This should enable me to apply for SAP FICO jobs and crack the same.

Any institute you recommend in Bangalore?

0 Kudos

Hi manju,

How much it cost you to train in FICO -15-20 k . Don't accept any high priced offer even if someone tell you that they take you to heaven .

Where to join ? The good ones are not in public . They do things in private because they are scared of SAP 's legal actions .No board. No advertisement and no online presence, it will be hard to figure them out.Their main ad is their own students . Word of mouth . So talk to more and more people in this field .

However all the local garbage in Bangalore will pop up a thousand times as soon as you google  sap FI Bangalore . Try it , just for the sake of it . Don't join anyone of it . If you accidentally visit them ,then don't be surprised if they hire you as a trainer to train those come after you for a nominal commission .

Another trap is sap authorized institute . Don't ever go there. No not at all . They are worse than those I mentioned above . I always wonder why SAP spoils their great brand with such a low quality institute . Those institutes are like garbage out of all the garbage. It's a  complete waste of money . If you don't want to feel like a rape victim, you shouldn't join them . Their charges are 2-4 lakhs .

How long it take to get grip ? It depends on each individual . Depends on how much time they spend to practice , read, write own notes , and presentation practice for job interview . One thousand hours of combined above effort should make a person comfortable with FI .

Good luck . Keep trying . Eventually you will win . Today's top FI consultants were just like you few years ago . There is no rocket science here, but just common sense.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sam. It was really encouraging. I would definitely give my best and pursue FI. As mentioned earlier if you could please share some contacts of institutes which operate silently.

0 Kudos

Hi Manju, this forum is NOT intended to promote any other business or individials for commercial purpose. So it is against the rules of SCN to specify any other business other than SAP authorized institute. However you do your homework. There are plenty of highly talented FI professionals with several years of real time experience helping students on weekends from their home and in some unreconizable locations.Search and you will find it. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

SAP has different modules to offer, but one must select the module based on ones experience.

People who have good experience in Finance domain only, must opt for FI or CO.

MM & PP would be more relevant to BE Mechanical guys working in a plant/industrial set-up, from Job point of view.

As far as I understand from your profile, you should not take up any SAP course right now, it will not be relevant for you.

Just because SAP is in demand, you should not just go & take up a course.

It involves both time & money.

Today you may do the course , but you'll struggle to get a right break.

Wish you the very best Manjunath!!!

Warm regards,

Rinku Chauhan

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rinku. I will definitely think about it.

former_member204995
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member204995
Participant
0 Kudos

what information is needed ?