cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODP metadata replication in BW - “No badi implementation for subscriber type SAP_BW”

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I recently configured ODP connection in our new SAP BW 7.4 system (no Hana, BWA or Dataservices are part of the landscape)

I check the connection to the ECC source system and it connects well.

When I try to replicate metadata for the ODP connection I get the error message:

“No badi implementation for subscriber type SAP_BW”

I checked note 1521883 and other notes in terms of SP and latest versions on the ECC side and we are ok.

Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana.

I am Glad and relieved to see you post. The ODP process for NON HANA systems seems a bit flawed. I had opted to use this to avoid PSA and direct load to cubes for GL Line item extractors (Generic) but this has given number of inconsistent results :

Scenarion : GL Line Item extractor - Generic on FAGLFLEXA Timestamp based delta -

ECC : 7.31 006

SAP BW : 7.40 012

NO HANA

I) Init did not bring the latest Data - out by 12 to 14 hours and no way of knowing what it brought.

ii) Next delta Brought the remaining records. but again no way of knowing the delta pointer timestamps.

iii) RESET Delta FM doesn't work - no way of repeating the delta incase issue with the request and need to delete and reload like the PSA. if  you run RODPS_REPL_SOURCE_RESET it messes up your delta have to re-init again.

iv) Forces to do an init or init without data transfer.

Tried to debug lot of the ODP API code but I believe it should not be this difficult to carry out extraction process/Monitor or Fix any issues. We are also close to abandoning this architecture and reverting to PSA mode.

any findings will help.

regards,

Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you already fix the issue now? now I face the same issue when I want to replicate the data source from sap r3 source system which the SAP_BASIS is SAP NetWeaver 7.02 sp9.

If there any suggestion or solution ,please share it, thanks  a lot!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Steve, can you please give me any advices on the issue in case you solved the problem? Thanks a lot!

BR,

JP.

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ana, Steve and Jianping,

I just received the information by our development team that the following SAP Note should solve this issue:

1887607 - Source system type ODP and context SAPI.

All the best for your projects,

Andreas

0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

After we sorted some services that were down we made ODP work. But in the end we moved away from ODP, we have one issue after the other and due to the risk and time constrains we decided to go with traditional non ODP datasources.

For example, some transactional data, occasionally, specially if big volumes, was being generated in ECC but not being pushed to BW, behaviour was not even and smooth.

Master data load with ODP was faster, but again with big volumes data was not pushed to BW.

It was not easy to find notes, or post on this new topic and we needed to resolve this fast so we kept the traditional datasources for transactional and used ODP for Master data.

Later, we had a PI_BASIS upgrade and all the ODPs were blown away from ROOSATTR table by the upgrade, we have to manually apply notes to correct the problem and expose all the customer datasources again. We decided to move absolutely everything away from ODP.

If in future we need to use this type of connection then we'll have to do the change and sort all the issues and hopefully will be more stable.

Regards,

Ana

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

thank you for your open feedback and sorry to hear about your experience with the ODP extraction framework.

We would like to learn more about your experience that you encountered during your project last year, so that we can check if the problems you experienced are still applicable.

If you would like to share it, it would be great if you could send more details (e.g. which data sources were showing the above mentioned issues and what was the data volume) to the following email address:

odp.feedback@sap.com

Your feedback will help to further improve the quality of the ODP extraction framework.

Thanks and regards,

Andreas