SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to set a clearing restriction when releasing security deposits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello 🙂

We have implemented a business process so that our customer service is stopped when entering a move-out.This only happens if the customer has paid a security deposit.

Then customer service calls our collection department - and they release the deposit. The next day or so customer service will finish the move-out.

However, in the meantime the released deposit does not have the clearing restriction 2 anymore and is therefore often cleared against old items. We do not want this to happen. It must not be cleared until it is a part of the final bill (which perhaps alse is not created for some weeks).

I would like to solve this by entering clearing restriction 8 into the document when the deposit is released.

Does anybody know how to do this? I cannot find an event that is called when releasing deposits.

Best regards,

Dorte Hansen

5 REPLIES 5

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dorte,

You can do this in event 870. This event enables you to carry out additional checks during the security deposit release.

Thanks,

AB

0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

Thanks very much for your answer 🙂

However, event 870 only allows me to change the security deposit itself. I need to change the corresponding FICA-document, i.e. the payment of the deposit (main transaction 0020 sub transaction 0010). So I need to change the document that can also be displayed via FPE3 and not the deposit itself that can only be displayed via FPSEC3.

If I cannot find an event to do this I will have to use an event in connection with clearing (FPMA) to prevent this document from being cleared. I will also have to use an event in connection with payment (FPY1) to prevent the document from being paid back to the customer.

This will require much test so I'm trying to avoid this solution.

Best regards,

Dorte Hansen

0 Kudos

Dorte:

Is there a reason not to use standard functionality which releases the deposit at moveout (final bill)?  Beyond that, yes you would need to do a lot of work to address this.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hello William,

yes, the reason we do not want to use the standard functionality (automatic release at moveout) is because when the customer moves to another house within our area of supply (our grid) we want to keep the deposit as security for payments on the new installation. Our collection department wants to do a "manual" evaluation of this. I do not agree but I'm just IT 🙂

Right now I'm looking into event 0042 because it seems that it could be called from the standard FM (FKK_S_CASH_SEC_RELEASE_UPDATE) which is used when releasing a deposit. However, the part of the code that involves 0042 has *

I.e. it has been inactivated in standard SAP. I do not know why this has been inactivated but since it is in the standard I guess it has to be so. But I'm considering removing the * and then it should call 0042 which I then will implement (telling it to create clearing restriction 8).

Best regards,

Dorte Hansen

0 Kudos

HI Dorte,

I am little confused when I read your post , are you saying that security deposit is getting released during move-out not waiting until Final bill is generated ? or when the actual final bill is generated ?

Standard functionality is security deposit will get released when final bill is generated.

If you don't want to release the security deposit during final bill the other workaround for this is if you are going to use the same contract account for subsequent move-in then do both move-out and move-in at the same time using EC60, I think system will not release the SD(provided the security deposit is created at contract account level).

Thanks,

Vikram