cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading from WM5.3 to WM6.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are upgrading from Work manager 5.3 to Work manager 6.2 . While upgrading application I just created "Workorder" class by extending standard Workorder class. I did n't changed any functionality.After that in config panel replaced the standard class with customized class with standard class.

Added the customized the jar in "Java" folder after that added the jar path in Agentry.ini file.

But when we synch the application getting an error in ReadClientWorkorderStepHandler like

null object wo in method wo.setProperties

So if we replace the standard class with customized class in config panel,whether the parent class will available. If that is the case why I am getting this error.

Please suggest.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Verify that the customized jar file is actually used in your java folder.

Some techniques to use to verify if your Java is incorrectl.

1) Restart your SMP 3.0 then go to the configuration/com.*.youapplication and go into the Java folder and verify that your jar file is in there.

2) Go in the SMP/Server/log directory and look for YourServer-smp-server.log (Or you can also do this in the SAP Cockpit under Logs -> Server Logs -> Click yourServer-smp-server.log (wait for it to open up). I normally like to go to the SMP/Server/log directory as it is faster.

Once open look for any indication that may point to your .jar file to see if that logs gives you any flags.

3) Another technique you can use is during the creation of the very first Agentry application in the cockpit is to have an Agentry.ini that already comes with your zip file that contains declaration of your customized jar file. It is possible that you may still be using the older setup and SMP 3.0 didn't pick up your changes yet.  Need to double check all the log to see if it took your java jar files from your java folder.

If there is no issues then your error may be the way your data gets values from SAP.

If the Java is correct:

This error: ReadClientWorkOrdersStepHandler, int) of a null object loaded from local variable 'wo'​

You are using a locally created workorder on the device. Example: Workoder Local_1. This Local_1 does not have any significant value to SAP yet. SAP does not know that. With the transmission to the backend that includes all your user name, the location and others, a step before this should have retrieve the official SAP Workorder number. Then that number gets push to this method and it should not be null.

So you need to look at all the methods before this one to see if there are certain parameters that are blank (missing functional location or equipment or others) so that when it tries to send for the real workorder number to be plugged into that method it should work.

As mentioned by Bill, if you have access to the source code and do debugging you may use this link to setup your debugger.

Wiki discussion: Debug SMP 3.0 Agentry Java in Eclipse - SAP Mobility - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill and Mark

Thanks for you help, issue is resolved actually there is fault in Agentry.ini file, specified the default folder instead of Java. Now I changed the custom jar path, its working fine.

Once again thanks

Regards

Vijayasarathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vijay,

I would suggest that you enable debugging and trace through the ReadClietnWorkOrdersSteplet code to see exactly why your wo object is null.  That will give you a better idea on where to go next with your troubleshooting.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error in log file is

com.syclo.agentry.BusinessLogicException: ReadClientWorkOrdersSteplet -

while trying to invoke the method com.syclo.sap.component.workorder.object.Workorder.setProperties

(com.syclo.sap.User, com.syclo.sap.component.workorder.stephandler.ReadClientWorkOrdersStepHandler, int) of a null object loaded from local variable 'wo'​

What is wrong ? Please help me.