cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding ESS SCs to Development Track (NW 7.4)

jill_diesman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I’m new to NWDI and am trying to set it up so a developer can make an ESS modification.  I have used the NW 7.4 configuration wizard and am trying to use the “NWDI Cookbook for XSS Customers” as a reference.  I am stuck at the step of importing Software Components into my Track.

Information & tasks I’ve completed:

• We recently upgraded from NW 7.31 to NW 7.4 and our SAP ESS Component is at 633.
  • SLD is already configured and NWDI is installed
  • I have executed the Functional Unit Development Infrastructure configuration wizard “NWDI using CMS”.  The steps included:
    • Configuring AS Java
    • Setting Up Privileges, Roles, and Groups
    • Preparing the System Landscape Directory (SLD)
    • Setting Up the Name Service
    • Creating a Software Component in the SLD
    • Configuring the CBS Server
    • Preparing CMS – Configuring a Domain, Creating a Development Track
  • I used the configuration template  for creating a new application skeleton
  • I added Software Component SAP_ESS 633 to my Development Track and the following SCs were automatically added:
    • ENGFACADE 7.30
    • ENGINEAPI 7.30
    • EP_BUILDT 7.30
    • FRAMEWORK 7.30
    • J2EE-FRMW 7.30
    • SAPPCUI_GP 7.30
    • SAP_BUILDT 7.30
    • SERVERCORE 7.30
    • WD-RUNTIME 7.30
    • WD-RUNTIME-EXT 7.30

If I understand correctly, my next step is to download the Software Component archives and import them into my track.

My question: Why are the SCs added to my track version 7.30 and not version 7.40?  Do I actually need to find and download the 7.30 versions of these SCs?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide,

Jill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jill_diesman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hamendra and Jun,

Thank you for your help with this.  I completed all of the steps from the NWDI Cookbook for XSS successfully.  Unfortunately I am not a developer and I haven't been able to have a developer test the work I've done, so I can't say for certain yet whether I carried out all the steps correctly.

I determined that I needed to import the components for version NW 7.3 Stack 12, which is the SP Stack equivalent to our current installation of NW 7.4 SP Stack 8.

Best regards,

Jill

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are some equivalence between 7.31 and 7.4. not sure if the 7.3 has any....

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jill,

I don't think it is 100% and it needs to be cheked properly.

Please also have a look of the below list of Notes

1751237    Add. info about the update/upgrade to SAP NetWeaver 7.4 (incl. SPs and SRs)

1850327    SP Equivalence for update/upgrade to SAP NW 7.4

1653344    SP Equivalence for update/upgrade to SAP EHP 3 for NW 7.0 

1730102    Release Restrictions for SAP NetWeaver 7.4 

1751237    Add. info about the update/upgrade to SAP NetWeaver 7.4 (incl. SPs and SRs)

Thanks,

Hamendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jill,

All seems ok but please have look of the below URL as it discussed in detail.

http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-java/blog/2014/10/17/nw-portal-upgrade-70-to-74

Thanks,

Hamendra

jill_diesman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra and Jun,

Thank you for your reply.  Our upgrade to NW 7.4 has been completed and everything is working fine.

My problem is that the ESS software components added to my track are version 7.30, not version 7.40 like I expected.  Do I actually need to find and download the 7.30 versions of these SCs?

Thank you,

Jill

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jill,

That's correct.

Thanks,

Hamendra

jill_diesman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra and Jun,

How do I choose the NW 7.30 SP Stack for the ESS software components I need to download?

Thank you,

Jill

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jill,

You should be able to download these from market place.

Thanks,

Hamendra

jill_diesman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Thank you for your reply.  I know how to get to these on the Service Marketplace, but I do not know which Support Package Stack to choose.  For example, should I choose the NW 7.30 Support Package Stack that corresponds to my current release of NW 7.4 SP Stack 08?

Many thanks,

Jill

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jill,

As per my understanding, it should be NW 7.4 Stack 08 but it will be better to confirm with SAP as well.

Thanks,

Hamendra

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try with latest sp of 7.3, if it doesn't work, you can change later, not big deal.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos