cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.exe in business objects patching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am doing a business objects patching for a first time and in the pre-requistes of sp5 installation it was mentioned to stop the java.exe during patch installation. In the task manager of the server i don't see a java.exe process running. Please let me know if i am looking at a wrong place and Why is it recommended for stopping java.exe during patch installation.

Thanks,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. So the Adaptive job server is not required while patching?

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As we told you above, only CMS and FRS running while patching.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jawahar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jawahar.

@Denis Konovalov : Can you please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot  Denis Konovalov and Jawahar Konduru

Can you also please help me in this also. For the list of servers to be stopped, I have highlighted the three in black. Do you want me to stop all the other servers leaving the one highlighted in black.

Adaptive job server is not required while patching?

Thanks,

Karthik

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are looking in the right place, but you have to select, show processes from all users to see all processes in Task Manager.

The requirement to stop java processes is because those are Adaptive processing server and Job server processes and if they run upgrade/patch install might encounter issues.

If you stopped all processes, except CMS and FRS via CMC or CCM - then you shouldn't see java.exe in there and you're good to go.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stop the Tomcat before patching. And also stop all the services except CMS server/ FRS.

BI 4.0 - Updating to SP04 or Higher - Best Practices, Known Issues and Possible Solutions - Business...