cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my LCMBIAR files so large (464mb) when exported?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on BOBJ BI 4.1 SP3. I am trying to export reports from our PROD system and then import them to our DEV system so that the two systems match. When I export a single report with NO dependencies through promotion management, its 464mb! That seems WAY too large seeing as how the crystal report on the server is no where near that size, maybe 1mb. I have been doing a lot of research and I'm not finding much that's helping with this issue. I did find that you can change the .lcmbiar extension to .zip and open the compressed file to view what's exported. This is what I see:

I can open all the files in notepad to view their contents and they're all text except for the 005 file. The 005 file shows up as random characters and symbols. so there's no telling what's actually contained. Why is it so large!?

This is happening with multiple reports. One report was over 1GB before I had canceled the download. Also, when we save reports to the server, I'm always careful that the "Save Data with Report" option isn't checked. Any ideas anyone?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd suggest opening support Incident with SAP to investigate this. Single report shouldn't generate that big of a LCMBIAR