Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials with same attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Is there any way I can achieve the following requirement:

For two materials A and B,

1. If I do PO goods receipt for A ,e.g. 10 then that 10 will be available to promise for both A and B.

2. If I create a production order where A or B are components, i.e. they have dependent requirements then if there is dependent req for A, it should create dependent req for B also so that its not available for promise.

3. When A will be consumed, e.g. 10 stock for B should also reduce by 10.

Thanks in advance,

Tanveer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the reason to have 2 material material masters?

From a SD point of view you can have a material determination. This means you have a kind of logistics material where you keep the stock and which you produce/procure and plan and even sell. And you have a marketing material to sell the same material with a different material number, under a different name, maybe with a different price (eventually even to the same customer ).

When a sales order is created you enter the marketing material and it is replaced by the logistics material in the internal process. (see table VBAP, it has 2 material number fields)

This scenario would certainly cover your number 1.

Your number 3 is impossible, as this would mean double stock, this cannot work. But it works with the marketing material concept, if material A is consumed, you can't sell any B since there is no stock for A.

Your number 2 is the part which I don't really understand. If A + B is the same material, then why should both be in the same bill of material as components.

If you keep stock for A and B and still want substitute, then even this should be possible with material determination, see Automatic Product Selection - Basic Functions and Master Data in SD Processing (SD-BF) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

Thanks for very prompt and really helpful answer. The scenario you depicted is like the scenario I am talking about, i.e. rebranding. In that regards I want ask you few more questions as my knowledge about material determination is not strong.

For example A8, A6 is our logistic material and B8, B6 is our Marketing material.

So here is the scenario... Let A14 = A8 + A6 (like kitting) is one BOM and B14 = B6 + B8 is another BOM. And we only buy A8 & A6 and stock that. And also we do assemble to order, i.e. whenever customer orders we check components and promise delivery dates. Now if customer orders B14 then during component level ATP check what it will gonna check, A6 and A8? and if its checks A6 and A8 then in the planned order of B14 where components are B6 and B8, will it make dependent requirement of A6 and A8 as well as B8 and B6?

Thanks again for your help

Tanveer

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't really comment on that scenario, I use it a bit differently as already explained. We differentiate between stock managed materials and pure marketing material . Because of this we would never have a B6 and B8 in a bill of material, I would not even have a B14 with a bill of material.

the B materials are only used in the sales to the customer. Internally the logistics materials A14, A8, A6 are used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

I really appreciate your help

Answers (0)