Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some changes not recorded in PR

former_member591501
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

Can anyone describe the reason for such system behavior?

When I go to PR > item changes. I see the below changes:

If you see the changes on Purchase Requisition block OR Requisitioner field, the changes on march 2 and march 3 are exactly the same.

Question: Block was changed from '1' to 'NULL' on march 2 and was recorded. Also it got recorded when changed from '1' to 'NULL' on march 3. However, the change was not recorded when the value was changed from 'NULL' to '1' between march 2 and 3. why? how? has anyone seen such thing in the past? are there any OSS notes describing this issue?

Thanks

Harsh Aggarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in general you only get change history for user made manual changes, if the change is triggered from another program then you will not get any change history.

Also the listed movement type for some changes is a Z-transaction, this unfortunately suggests that there can be other Z-developments which are causing your issue.

Is this PR already converted into a PO?

former_member591501
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your response. I understand that here the changes are done by background job/user manually using Z-transaction but in both cases the changes are recorded i.e. job executed by Batch user and through User's ID.

This issue came into picture as the Batch job had unblocked the PR but when user had opened the PR next morning, it was still in such state that the background job had not run/worked. Therefore, the user had manually executed the Z-transaction to unblock it.

The issue remains when the background job had successfully unblocked the PR, then how would it go back to initial stage without any change logs?

I know you have tried to answer that if the changes are invoked from another program, they will not be captured, but my concern is that how do I trace what might have caused this issue.

It is not how system is working every time, it has happened just this week.

P.S: the PR is already converted to PO now.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if there is a change log of the PO which might have some info.

Check in SM13 if their were posting failures.

It is just guessing, there is no real starting point without knowing the exact processes and without knowing why there are Z transactions used and how these programs are developed. If updates are not made in the same LUW then one part might post while the other fails.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well you can see, in your t-code section there are one t-code is showing ZMM188 and some are blank.

So it could be a reason for your custom program. Your PR got changed by custom program.

former_member591501
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Dibyendu. my concern is that even here when changes are made using custom transaction online or in program, the changes are visible in history, but there is one change which is not visible. If it was through custom program, then it should be visible just like other changes.