Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login using links from notification mail - using extranet to login works

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Jam Team,

I've activated the daily notifications for the Jam Groups I'm part of. Unfortunately when I get such a notification mail it contains a link i.e.:

https://jam4.sapjam.com/wiki/show/lkud5HtRWW8SQSJkPXv0Q0

unfortunately when I click this link and try to login with my at gmail.com I get the message that "my Company" is not available in Jam. Only when I fist login via the URL:

https://jam4.sapjam.com/extranet/jamatsap.com

to Jam, then I can use the links form the notification. Is that a bug or a feature?

Best regards

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor. It seems like a bug to me but I'm curious, do the two login screens look different or are they the same?

The one that works at "SAP - SAP Jam" clearly looks like an SCN login, but the one that doesn't work, does it look the same or is it a custom Jam login?

I can see we have some bad data for you in both Jam and SAP ID. We have two accounts connected to your @gmail.com address. I'll see if we can clean it up. We have a C-user account and a S-User account. The C-user is inactive and it appears the S-user is the one that works. Perhaps this is confusing our login page.

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Greg, do you also have another Jam account with a different company? This also might be confusing the login? Feel free to email me directly if you don't want to answer on this forum.

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I'm another gmail sap jam user (this is my only JAM account) who gets lots of links from SAP because of the SAP Mentors use of JAM and this is a very annoying "feature".  I have to go and find a previous link to a group/topic to log in, and then I can click these links.  Very repeatable problem.

Cheers,

Matt

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

thank you for the quick response. My C-User is correct to be inactive. I'm using my S-User with Jam. A long time ago I've created an Jam user with my @siteco.de Address. This one I've created for testing. And you're right. The login Screen I get from the Notification E-Mail links yesterday looks like this:

But the link in the notification mail from today brings me to:

Where the login with my S-User Email (gmail.com) works.

Very confusing. Reach out to me via E-Mail if you need the original E-Mails for a further analysis.

Best regards

Gregor