cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU-managed SLoc (not WM-managed) not allow to pack in VL02N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

I am trying to achieve packing in VL02N on the following scenario but system does not allow.

Background:
I am trying to perform a stock transfer from storage location HU01 to SL11 (both are setup as HU-managed SLoc and NOT a WM-managed SLoc in the system).

Next, I perform a MIGO (311) stock transfer. An outbound delivery document generated.

Thereafter, I performs a picking of the quantity.

Now, the problem arise when I wanted to perform a picking as system does not allow me to select the material because it is grey out.

I am not sure what is the problem as I do not think it is item category problem as it is standard SAP item cat.

I look at the field (VBUP-PKSTA) packing status having a value of "Packing not required", and am not sure if this is the culpit? which I don't think so.

Any clue will help.

thanks

Tuff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know my questions?

Regards,

Tuff

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in Table THUWBBWART whether Operation-11 is assigned to movement type 311.  Not sure on this, but you can make an attempt.  Moreover, why you were trying with MIGO which is intended for inbound.  Try with VLMOVE

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G.,

The movement 311 has been been assigned to process (HUWBEVENT) 001.

I used VLMOVE to create the outbound delivery, however, the material line item still grey out and as a resul I cannot highlight it and perform packing in VL02N.

Again, I initially thought it is the delivery item category to enable it as pack require so that the packing status appear require packing... but still, it doesn't work (show as above).

Clue?

Regards,

Tuff

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already said, please try adding Operation-11 in the said table and test the process.  I think, that should solve your issue.  The IMG path for this is Logistics - General > Handling Unit Management > Basics > Maintain Goods Movements for Handling Unit Stock-Posting

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Doesn't help after adding the operation - 11 in the system with movement type 311, and the system still grey out the line item in the "material to be packed" section in the outbound delivery. As a result cannot pack the material into HU.

My situation is storage location to storage location transfer using 311 and both locations are setup as inventory HU (scrow up picture) and they are NOT WM-managed.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Tuff