cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using message monitoring in PI 7.31 Single stack.

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

How to view more than 1000 messages in message monitoring database view?

and

how to view messages through their identifiers(message ids).  Cannot look for more than 5 messages at a time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nirmal

Unfortunately, I don't think you can view more than 1000 at a time. That's the limit provided by the dropdown. Probably the intention on SAP side is "why would you need to view so many messages at the same time?"

Instead you should filter the messages based on header data or UDMS attributes.

As for using message ID identifier search, I am able to add more than 5 IDs, the list just expands itself each time and there is a scroll bar at the right end for you to scroll down. And it does return more than 5 results. Check it out.

Rgds

Eng Swee

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

but i have more than 250 interfaces and some interfaces have as much as 10000 messages processing through them in just one hour.

the need is to analyse which interface messages are taking long time to process.

for example i copy 10 messages and paste there.  but only first 5 messages get added there.  yes the list expands, but are you asking to paste 5 messages each time?

Thanks,

Nirmal.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal

I'm just stating the fact that it is how the Message Monitoring tool behaves. Unfortunately, unless SAP changes it, we will just have to live with it. Otherwise you can try to request for this feature at the Ideas place and see if SAP picks it up.

As for the performance analysis, again unfortunately for your case, it is a limitation of the tool - maybe SAP has good reasons too, selecting 10000 messages from the database might impact the performance of the system and cause risk to stability and availability for message processing.

If you really need to, and you can't live with the standard monitor, you can consider building your own monitor using the API mentioned in the blog below.

Rgds

Eng Swee

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

In order to analyse the interface which is taking much time you can go to performance monitoring and take the statistics for analysis.

as Eng swee said it would be a performance issue if SAP helps to fetch more than 1000 messages.

Thanks,

Naveen

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

ok. but do you have any idea how to paste more than 5 message ids in the identifier section.  even if i copy 10 message ids,  it pastes only 5 messageids.  is there anyway to overcome this.

Thanks,

Nirmal.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

I am not sure in single stack are you still can access runtime workbench, i am in dual stack if i want more than 1000 messages i can check in runtime workbench message monitoring.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (0)