cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Schedule for ASE 16.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody know where I can find SAP's release schedule for ASE 16.0?
That is, for example, when is ASE 16.0 PL06 due out?

I vaguely recall finding something like that a few months ago, but I can't find it anymore.

I did some testing with PL03, and then more testing with PL05, and I will be moving into production soon, but I'd like to go with the latest available version, if that'll be available soon.

Thanks,
Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

victoria_normand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

You'll find the release schedule of ASE 16 on this KBA 2075653  - Targeted ASE 16.0 Release Schedule and CR list Information
Last version to be released soon (this month) will be ASE 16 SP01.
HTH,

Regards,
Victoria.

former_member188958
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also note that there is an option to subscribe to the KBA (see link at the top edge)

to be automatically notified when it is updated.

-bret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Victoria & Bret.  That was exactly the page I was looking for.

-Andy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An expression of disappointment: I'm in the process of testing ASE 16, and I'd like to go live with the latest version, so I subscribed to the KBA.  However, despite ASE SP01 being available for about two weeks (based on dates in the Solaris tarball for ebf23097, which I downloaded last week), the KBA remains un-updated.  I learned of the availability of SP01 only from a reference in another thread last week.

former_member188958
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Sorry about that.  Updates to the KBA are still mostly a manual process, as are the announcements of releases I've recently started publishing on SCN.   I think we will get better at timely updates as these processes settle into a routine, but unless SAP puts some truly automated process in place for generating announcements, there is going to be the possibility of the author being out sick, on vacation, or kept busy with higher priority tasks.

I'm not the principal author of the KBA, but I did go ahead and update it over the weekend.  Did you get the expected update then?

Cheers,

-bret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bret,

Thanks for the continuing interest.  No, I didn't receive the notification of your update over the weekend, nor from the more recent update (from version 10 to version 11).  I did confirm that I'm subscribed (the links at the top & bottom) of the KBA are "unsubscribe" rather than "subscribe"), and I'm getting e-mail from this SAP/Sybase SCN, so I reckon that my e-mail address is OK.

Thanks,

Andy

MarcinOzdzinski
Participant
0 Kudos

So 16 SP01 is currently released according to http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2075653

but as usual not available to download. I'm not suprised anyway.