cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clock-in/outs in IT 2011 are more than clock-in/outs in TIP table

saphr_professional
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus, Greetings ! I am working with positive time evaluation I have manually entered clock-in/outs in Time Events -IT 2011 (as per exhibit-1).When I run time evaluation, I have got the error message (as per exhibit-2), and I will be able to fix it.  Now query is ,When I access  TIP table(input) under PTIM TE30,I could see the 4 clock events but I have entered 3 clock events as per IT 2011.From where one more extra clock event is coming,i.e34:000 is coming? Please clarify my query? I have attached screen shots for  your reference. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saphr_professional
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek, Thank you for your reply.I have attaached screenshots.Plz view them. Thank you

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The last clock in has come from the next day.

34 hours mean 24 + 10 hours which means there is a clock in on the next day.

Standard SAP takes all time events for current day and next day for evaluation.

If the time pairs aren't complete for today as per the DWS for the given day, then next day time pairs are taken into consideration.

However, if the time pairs do get completed, the next day time pairs belong to next day.

Please refer the below explanation from SAP.

Pair Formation - Personnel Time Management (PT) - SAP Library

I hope this resolves your query.

Regards,

Vivek

saphr_professional
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek, Thank you so much for your reply. I have seen all your articles and all your articles are informative and helpful. 1. As per screenshot, in Time events info type, clock-out is 14:14:52 and the same clock-out becomes 14:2478 TIP table. May I know how it changed from 14:14:52 to 14:2478 ? 2.After running time evaluation, I was expecting time pair should form as below 8:00:00  17:00:00 as one time pair blank      14:00:00 as another pair But it is formed as below in TIP table. May I know how? blank    17:00:00 8:00:00  14:2478 34:00:00  blank Awaiting your reply Thank you

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The logic behind pair formation is that for every clock in, there should be a clock out to form time pair. If any of them is missing, it appears as blank.

In your case, your time events for 02-Mar-15 are:

P10     -     08:00:00

P20     -     14:14:52

P20     -     17:00:00

I believe there should be a time event for 03-Mar-15 for P10 - 34:00:00 which 10 am next day.

Now, the first time pair gets formed with 08:00:00 - 14:14:52.

The second time pair is with blank and 17:00:00 because you can't have two continuous clock outs. Hence, a clock in is missing.

The third time pair is coming from next day where the clock in would have been 10 am and since there is no clock out, it forms pair with blank.

Each time is converted into decimalized values. Hence, minutes and seconds are converted into seconds and divided by 3600 since there are 3600 seconds in an hour.

Hence, 14:52 = 892 sec. And 892/3600 = 0.2478.

Once the system forms 3 time pairs, it sorts these time pairs first with Clock In and then with Clock Out.

In your TIP table, the time pair with Clock In as blank comes at the top (as blank means no value). Then comes time pair with clock in at 8:00:00 and finally time pair with clock in at 34:00:00 (10 am next day). This is SAP's standard way of sorting the time pairs in TIP table.

I hope this resolves your query.

Regards,

Vivek Barnwal

saphr_professional
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek Thanks for your time in clarifying my query.I would further explore to get more clarity. Thank you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you had entered 2 clock ins and 1 clock out, the system automatically creates the missing clock out as the 2nd clock in.

This may happen based on your configuration.

It would be good to attach your screenshots so that we can analyze and respond.

Regards,

Vivek

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not see any screenshots