Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor missing from the vendor tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Please help me out for one of the query I am facing:

1) SC created with one product category by the requester.

2) As per the request,  requester making changes in the prod.category at that time vendor is  missing, Requester getting error vendor missing , requester filling the field and user able to order the SC.

3) After that SC goes to SC completion approval  level and all the other approval levels  and the SC gets approved.

4) But SC will goes into item in process.

When that SC comes to our end to check why the SC is in "Item in process" we able to recognize this is due to vendor missing.

"To understand this thing we had a screen sharing with the requester, To check whether user is directly ordering without checking the "CHECK " button and check is missing, when the requester change the prod.cat and try to order it then we are getting error , we are not knowing where exactly the vendor is missing."

As workaround we are SC completion team to add the vendor but we are looking a permanent solution.So some one help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Pramod.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anamika_mudgal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I understand the issue, and this is the standard behaviour of tool if the prodct catagory is changed vendor will be missing.

For approval the SC you need   to be mention vendor  so that you can order the SC and get approved

Regards

Anamika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anamika,

Yes we are doing the said thing every time but we are looking for permanent which is making the user's work difficlut for us.

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

This sounds strange, since vendor is not mandatory field in SC, but in PO.
Would you please tell me how the vendor is assigned in SC, from source of supply tab, or some other field? If it is not in source of supply tab, you should check if this is a Z-field.

Best regards,
Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Li,

Thanks for your reply,

We  assign vendor manually, in my project we kept vendor as mandatory even though user assigning the missing vendor after changing the prod.category, The strange part occuring at time of POS creation.

Please provide your valualble inputs.

Thanks

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand this, and in standard, vendor is removed after product category is changed. This is reasonable. The referred supplier together with contract should have the same category as SC item.
If category is changed, the supplier will be removed.
If you want to raise error in such scenario, you have to use doc_change badi to write your own logic to remind requester of assigning a new supplier after changing the category.

BR,
Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all sorry for late reply,

We are getting error when they are trying to order it after changing prod.cat as vendor field as mandatory.But after all approvals this is field is missing  and SC going to error in process thats the strange thing.