Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll - Canada

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Experts,

Thanks for all your guidance so far on the queries which i have raised it Time Managment module. Through you help and guidance, now i can have confidence that i could work in time schemas and PCR's ,

Now i am moving on to learn Payroll ,i.e also Payroll of Canada country. this is first time i am gonna work on Payroll and the country given to me is Canada, so eager to work on it, but at the sametime i am new to SAP Payroll, Hence my questions are

Where would i get the documents of canada so i can understand the legal things and calculations of Canada?

What is the best way to start learning the things to become expert in payroll, i know to read schema's and PCR's as i did it in Time management. But how come i become so strong in Payroll too..

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

In order to be an effective payroll consultant in Canada, you need to understand the requirements of Canadian payroll (not specifically SAP).  While you can get lots of good information online, the authoritative source of payroll information in Canada is the Canadian Payroll Association.  They provide payroll training, certification, phone support, email support, etc. to members.  You can find more information at www.payroll.ca

Regarding SAP specifically, you can find documentation in the SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/globalization and then navigate to Canada. You will find many documents there with information on various elements of Canadian SAP payroll.

Finally, there is a lot of great information at the following wiki (many thanks to Felipe Grande ). www.wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM then select SAP HCM Payroll Americas, then select Canada.

Hope this helps.

Kim LaPierre

PAYattention Consulting Inc.

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim.

Good morning, Hope you are doing well and its so nice to meet you.

Thanks for your reply

You said i had to understand the requirements of canadian Payroll.. Where i would get those information from step by step to understand the Canadian Payroll requirements. will they provide Email support for my queries if i ask basic questions on payroll canada..

And also the link which you provided isn't opening. is the correct Link?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sriram

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

The detailed information that I mentioned as available through the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) is available to members.  Once you (or your organization) join the CPA, you have unlimited access to their phone support team.  You can also enroll in Virtual training (enrollment fee involved).  They have a series of courses on their website (www.payroll.ca) that lead to a Certification.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any reply

Regards

Sriram