cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Document Services - Printer Device Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have configured Adobe Document Services by following the guide as per the below OSS Note:

894009 - Adobe Document Services: Configuration

--

SAP NetWeaver 7.40:

-----------------

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/69/b830ac608446f38e9b53093cea3e14/frameset.htm

----

When I set the LOCAL Printer - device type to ZSWINCF: Casc Fonts SAPWIN Unicode, the PDF test is not successful.

The error message says "Can not find PDL Type for ourput Device LOCL".

When I set the Device type to "PDF1"  then Adobe configuration test report works.

But in this case, all the Local printouts in producton does not work.

below is the error message:

"Device type PDF1 does not support page format Z_DINA5."

So can you please help me which is the correct Device type that I need to setup for LOCL Output Device?

As per the below SAP help documentation I am sure I can not use device type SAPWIN/SWIN. But which Device type to use?

Printing PDF-Based Forms - SAP Printing Guide (BC-CCM-PRN) - SAP Library

I will wait for your valuable replies.

Regards.

Eswaran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Eswaran,

You can use device type PDF1 but as page format is customizing one,you need to add this page
format into device type manually.So the steps are as bellowing.

1.Copy device type PDF1 to ZPDF1.

2.Add page format Z_DINA5 to ZPDF1.

3.Run report RSPO0022,Copy XDC file of device type PDF1 to ZPDF1.

Then you can use device type ZPDF1 to do the printing.

Also Pls consider to install SAPPDFPRINT by following the note 1444342.

Best Regards

Jie Bai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jie bai,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try this option and update you after I tried the suggestion.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Eswaran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the reason why Adobe printing does not work via your (customized) ZSWINCF device type is that SAPWIN/SWINCF/ZSWINCF are "SAPWIN" device types which are by default not "allowed" for printing IFbA documents.

The technical reason for this is that these device types (when used from SAPscript, SmartForms, ABAPlists) produce a SAP-proprietary data stream which only SAPSprint or SAPgui frontend printing (via LOCL etc) can "digest".

Now Adobe Document Server cannot produce a SAPWIN print data stream, and thus the error message appears when you try to print a IFbA form to a SWINCF printer.

BUT: there is a solution for IFbA printing via SAPSprint and SWINCF:

It requires two steps:

1)  Install on your SAPSprint PC the so-called pdfprint library, an add-on from SAP which you can install in addition to SAPSprint on your Windows print server. It allows to convert any PDF document to Windows printer output. Check out note 1444342...

2)

In the SAP backend you need to "tell" ADS that, whenever it sees a "SAPWIN"-type printer, it should produce PDF output format... (and not SAPWIN which it cannot produce).

You do this with report RSPO0022. It is also described in 1444342.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex