cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'External process-0130' Inspection in QM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Requesting your valuable help for below scenario.

Step 1: Receiving the material(M1) in GR stage from 'vendor1' - 01 inspection active with one operation(op10-Visual inspection) in Inspection plan .If material ok it should be sent to External process.

Step 2 : Sending received '(M1) material' to External processing to 'vendor2' through P.O

Step3: Recieving the 'processed material' M1 material and Inspection

As per SCN links, I under stood that '0130 inspection type' to be used.

Q1:Prefered tick mark for 0130 / 01 ?

Q2:Where 0130 insp.type should assigned? is it required to assign in any

Q3:If preferd tick put to one of 01/ 0130 inspection type-Automatic insp.lot for 2nd insp.type will not be created?

Help me out with the SAP-QM-best practice

Regards,

Karthik(Trainee-SAP-QM)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Nitin has correctly suggested the best standard SAP approach you should adopt. In case if only activating "01" is acceptable to business it will solve your case. It's easy to implement, maintain, error-free and scalable.

Paralelly (if at all its required..), you can explore further on the custom approach like below -

a) Activate insp type "01" and "0130" for the relevant materials. Do not flag any insp types as "PreferredInsTyp".

b) Create a custom table to maintain a combination like Material + Insp Type + Insp Plan. Example below -

M1 - 01 - IP01

M1 - 0103 - IP02

c) During Goods Receipt, user exit/BADI should if the PO is Subcontractor PO (Item Cat L) or not. If Subcontracting PO, then it should allocate the insp type 0130, else it should assign insp type "01" for all normal PO, or Sch Agr, etc.

d) It should first validate how many inspection plans for the concerned material is 'Active" for the usage "5". Now check form the Z-table if for the same material, Z-table has one active insp plan added. Then allocate the insp plan to the inspection lot. There can be a chance that there are more than one active insp plans for same usage available and in Z-table a plan is available which is no more active, then the program should not allocate any insp plans, and the inspection lot status should be "CRTD". Same is the case if there is no active inspection plan available and added in Z-table for the material.

e) In case if you wish to have one more round of check at "Vendor Level" on the selection of inspection plan, you can extend this Z-table with Vendor too!!. Then the Ztable will look like below -

M1 - 01 - V1 - IP01

M1 - 01 - V2 - IP01

M1 - 0130 - V1 - IP03

M2 - 0130 - V2 - IP04...

Please do not adopt a custom approach, just to try out fancy things as they are difficult to implement, complexity gets higher, lots of codings involved, lots of testing required and difficult to maintain in the long run. Moreover there should be a significant business benefit in it and everyone should be aligned to take a decision to go with such custom approach. These are just my thoughts!!

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I don't go by the names but the process defined, can I ask you to run a test case with following settings to keep it simple and straight- Activate only 01 inspection type in the material and maintain all other relevant master data.

This will work in following way, since you said you have the material M1 on both occasions.

• First GR (mvmt 101), you'll get the inspection lot. Carry out required processing and close the inspection lot.
  • Second GR for processed material (again M1)- Since 01 is activated, you'll get the inspection lot again and you can process it.

Yes, there could be probability that you are inspecting different parameters on both occasions. To achieve that, you can define two operations in the task list and choose whichever is applicable during result recording. And if parameters don't change, one operation will do good.

There could be another query here then 'How to differentiate between two inspection lots?'. Whether one belong to procured material or the processed one?? Yes, this question might land up. I'll suggest you to maintain Vendor into the layout for identification.

And there is another suggestion (Which I might have done probably) to define two material codes since it'll be different physically so why similar code in SAP. If this can be done, it will rule out the above query about the difference.

I put my best understanding based on your inputs. If there is something else or I misunderstood something, please let me know.

ntn