cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open external document like pdf / tif inside the form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please I am looking for an advice to keep employee related document like .pdf, .tif extension file to keep inside the  window object.

If the window is closed the document should also be closed. Also it should be able to make it printing.

Please can you help me with a sample script.

Kind Regards

Polachan

Message was edited by: Robert Nestor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Polachan;

1) For the TIFF image you can use either the Picture Control, InkEdit or InkPicture controls. The same control support is also available in the DataWindow (if you have a newer PB version).

2) For PDF support you would need to use the Adobe OCX or some other PDF rendering 3rd party control.

HTH
Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using 11.2 PowerBuilder  and I have that control. Please can you provide bit of code how to apply Inkedit / Ink Picture . With many Thanks Pol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Polachan;

Have a look at the InkPicture's LoadPicture ( ) method.  

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also Please I have one question. Sorry for hassling you again.

If I am using InkEdit control for tif file, is it possible to email from as pdf file. Also is it possible to change the  size  of the image  as the given % layout.

What is your advise is the datawindow control or form control , which is the best choice  to display  the scanned image file

Please can you advise me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Polachan;

I do this in some of my PB & Appeon applications by utilizing the ImageMagicK product to convert the TIFF into a PDF.  FYI:  TIFF to PDF with compression - ImageMagick

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Answers (0)