cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: No Component Name Specified for Component 1 (termination: RABAX_STATE)

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys, I have the following question: ERROR: No Component Name Specified for Component 1 (termination: RABAX_STATE)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a short dump. Check in ST22 for more details (or post the short dump here).

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, I don't know what happened... I just pressed Enter and SDN posted my conversation too early. I wanted to add more details to the thread.

What I do is - I have a Custom Data model.

When I have only the main entity being the key, everything is working just fine.

When I make one of the main entity attributes a key field (by pressing the checkbox "key field"), I get the error in question.

I realize it's a short dump, but when I look at it, it's a short dump in the standard SAP code. When I debug the access class, everything is properly sent and I have both fields and values populated and submitted with the et_data table.

When I try to even open the UI for editing, this very same short dump happens.

Any advice?

Here is the short dump screenshot:

Cheers,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you put a break-point there and then take a look at the contents of the P_COMPONENTS internal table?

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That's exactly the problem... the name remains blank.

If I populate the value of the field name in Debugging - it all works just fine and the page gets displayed properly.

Cheers,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you need to change the entity's key? Shouldn't you create a type 4 entity with the new key since it is clearly a 1-to-many?

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That's the thing...

What I'm trying to do is not exactly to mimic the model. I want to be able to pass the value from the QUERY method of the access class to the READ_VALUE method of the access class. If I use a Static variable attribute in the class it gets cleared, so I decided to make a dummy key field (key fields are passed from Query method to Read method in the access class). I set it's value in the query method and expect to be able to read it in the Read method.

The value gets through and I'm able to read it, but this kind of field crashes the UI.

Regards,

Boris