cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideal scenarios for crm BAdI Implementation?

former_member202598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

what is the ideal case to use 'COM_PARTNER_BADI' when you can configure Access sequence for partner determination procedure in SPRO for auto determination of business partners? and how about 'CRM_COPY_BADI'?when copy control settings for copying data from preceeding documents to the target documents can be set upon a follow up target document creation.?

Regards

Sanguine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RaviTejaGuptha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanguine,

COM_PARTNER_BADI

In access sequence we can give this business add-in implementations as well. So in the implementation i may write my custom logic.

Eg:- For some transaction type i want to maintain the Sales rep dependent on my Z-Table.

Please check the documentation for all remaining interface methods.

CRM_COPY_BADI

While copying from preceeding if want to manipulate some fields. Like target date, partners etc.

We can write the logic in the corresponding method.

Regards,

Ravi Teja

former_member202598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Can you please elaborate it a bit precisely

Regards

Sanguine

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Ravi's answer was very precise and really doesn't need any further explaination, unless you are expecting a step by step guide on what to do.  I think you could find further examples of how people used those, by performing a search here, or looking at your existing system(unless it is brand new).

Honestly a BADI either helps to meet your business requirement or it doesn't.  My ideal use of a BADI may never match your use either .

Take care,

Stephen

former_member202598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

I did a thorough search but i could not find any convincing solution, well, i dont know if the answer is at its precise best or not as it is  SAP's recommendation not to use 'COM_PARTNER_BADI',  I just wanted to know if anybody could have used it in some way or the other. Really dont know about your ideal use of BAdI

Regards

Sanguine

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The real question is what is your business requirement?  That BADI is only used when you can't use standard partner determination access sequences to match your requirements.  Normally think Z-table or external data source as Ravi explained above.

You asked a very general question... so expect a very general answer.

Answers (0)