cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Workflows - Additional approvers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDG Experts,

Just wondering if it's actually possible to add approvers to the standard workflows?

We also have a requirement in our client wherein some of the finance master data objects require 2 approvers, while some require 3.

So I assume we need to assign 2 different workflows (one workflow for 2 approvers and another one for 3 approvers).

Or do you reckon I'm better off using Rule Based Workflow?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whether you pick the standard "hard-wired" workflow templates or the rule-based workflow template depends on how you want to implement your process. If you want to use two different workflow templates (a 2-step and a 3-step), you will need to two different CR types each attached to the corresponding workflow template. Keep in mind that you will depend on the user to pick the correct CR type. In case of the rule-based workflow template, you will need a single CR type that can be routed conditionally making users' life less complicated in the sense they don't need to worry about whether they picked the correct CR type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abdullah and Boris for your inputs. I find them helpful and really appreciate your time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which standard workflow template do you refer to? If your req's is to have 2-level approval sometimes and 3-level approval some other times, then you are better off using the rule-based workflow. See this document for help on how to use it: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51559

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

Thanks for the document. I will read through it in case I need to go with Rule Based WF.

I'm looking at the below standard Workflows:

WS75700040

WS75700027

WIll I be able to add additional approvers for these?

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use the two standard MDG workflows that you mentioned... WS75700027 has like four approval steps though

You don't need to go and configure Rule based WF if the standard ones cover your requirements.

Best regards,

Boris