cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Sales Manager Production Deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, I´ve been working in a SAP Sales Manager application (Syclo) and I had some problems with a disabled button, fortunately an OSS ticket solves part of the problem, the thing is that I don´t know how to deploy the changes from the Agentry editor to the development server and then to production server, I followed the "Administration & Implementation guide" also some customizing guides but those not cover anything about the deployments and updates to production, does anyone could give me some light with this.

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isaac,

Hi. Which Sales Manager 2.5.X version are you using? Sales Manager 2.5.4 or 2.5.7 or others?

Are you using the SAP Control Center (SMP 2.3) or the SAP Management Cockpit (SMP 3.0) or Stand-Alone Agentry 6.0.X (AgentryServer.exe) as production?

The answer to your question will depend on what your production environment is.

Let us know.

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark, I´m working in a stand alone agentry server, I´ve been thinking in a deploy option from the context menu in eclipse but maybe is more complex..

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isaac,

This is easy.

There are two ways to do about it.

1) Copy method.(popular).

2) Eclipse direct publish method to the Agentry ServerProd directory (not popular) unless you are publishing to a ServerProd QA server.

Item 1 is popular because you will publish to a QA ServerProd area using your Eclipse Editor Publish button. This will be either major or minor or changes. The numbering scheme of your version will be based on your selection. The goal is to get a number higher than what you have in production.

You will have 2 files that will be generated (in the ServerProd/Application/Production).  You will copy these two files in your real ServerProd/Application/Production folder. The number should be higher than your version in that directory. Then restart your Agentry Server. Then depending if you did minor or major publish, the resulting sync from the clients will determine if they will update the software first before transmitting the transactions (using the new software - minor publish) or they would transmit the transactions first using the old software then update the software afterwards (major publish).

You will want to make sure all users transmitted first before you do this in production.

Once you do the copy or the publish, it is recommended to bounce the Agentry Server.

Also try not to keep more than 2 versions in production as it is using additional resources.

Regards,

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, thanks a lot for your help, I´m not used to the Agentry Perspective but I already found the publish button, the image and design of the button doesn´t help me, I think I will go this way.

Thanks !

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isaac,

Thanks for the update.  Note: service.sap.com/instguides --> SAP Mobile -> Agentry  <-- check the Agentry Language Reference or Admin guide or Dev guide for publishing help or definition (Editor definition and others).

Have fun.

Regards,

Mark Pe

Answers (0)