cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reordering Rejected SC is going for auto approval

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are using SRM 7.1.3 and we have custom workflow activated for Shopping Cart(Multiple levels of approvers).

we have  configured the "Acceptance by contact person" in workflow to handle the rejection process to send a notification back to Requestor in case of rejection so that the person can accept it or reorder it.

we have 2 ways of rejection here.1. any approver can reject the SC or 2. after certain days of pending(with out any action by approver) we are auto rejecting the SC and setting the status to 'Release Rejected' by a custom program.

Here the problem is, in both the ways the requestor can able to recieve a notification to take a action but when they reorder the SC,it is directly creating the PO. Workflow is not getting triggered again so that it will go through the approval process again after SC change. I observed like main work item of SC is not yet closed after rejection, I can see in SWi6 like till the user recieves a notification. After that once SC is reorderd it is directly creating the PO with out any WF and I can see the main work item of SC is still in open status.

Here our requirement is to trigger the workflow again, once SC is resubmitted after rejection. Please can anyone help me why is this happening and let me know is there any settings to be done inorder to achive this.

Thanks,

Karuna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

Once the SC is changed, WF should trigger. Can you the check the level of security Personalisation BBP_WFL_SECURITY (Specifies the authorization level of the user in the approval). The value of this parameter determines whether you can restart the WF. You can check table SPERS_OBJ to get a value  of BBP_WFL_SECURITY based on user ID

Refer Links below

http://scn.sap.com/thread/737162

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/f7/a6a3415e34b05fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Also make sure that there is no active implementation of BADI BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI where you are changing the security level.

Check link below

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

If I get you correctly,

Once the SC is rejected by either means, the WF should re-trigger.

The re triggering of WF should happen automatically, if you create an expression say "ZB_LEVEL_REJECTION" of the type SAP Formula Interpreter in your BRF give the formula as (0V_WF_CURRENT_DECISI = 'REJECTED').

Now assign the same to the Event say 'ZEV_SC_REJECTION'. and pass this event to the node "Acceptance by Contact Person" under the tcode /n/sapsrm/wf_process, and maintain the task id as "40007994" (Accept Decision / Adjust Document).

Once the Approver rejects the WI, the requestor will receive a task with the rejection notification.

Its upto the requestor, whether to accept the rejection or edit the SC and re-order again.
While changing the SC after rejection, check it once and check the Approvers under the Approver overview tab.

If the Approvers are reflected there, then the SC is liable for an approval process.

I guess there is some problem with you rejection event.

Please check it once and revert.

Awards points if the answer is helpful.

Regards,

AkkI

0 Kudos

I have BBP_WFL_SECURITY level maintained to "Not defined" at user level for the users but I can see still when some users resubmitting it, it is triggering the Workflow and for some users it is not

I have all the settings done as per Aakash reply.

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

Try to change BBP_WFL_SECURITY level of the User to "LOW" then the workflow will always restart after the change has been made. The restart flag in function module BBP_PDH_WFL_CHECK_RESTART will be flagged.

Regards

Sandy

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna

Any updates on this issue.

Regards

Sandy