Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES Consolut server is not working

keerthan_1987
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

IDES Consolut server is not working , attached message is displaying while trying to open it.

Can you please let me know what is the problem and any alternate solution to use free SAP in home.

Regards

Keerthan Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only one hope to practise SAP and that too gone.Good work SAP.

Every other platform (.net , java , android etc) are providing free access for their development kit for students. But not the almighty SAP. Hope you are making good bucks from it.

and it doesn't end here.there is no jobs for freshers in SAP.everyone wants 3+ years of experience in SAP.

My life is ruined because i choose to go for SAP ABAP consultant.wasted lot of time and money

Maybe after few months of I have to change domain or even do farming,because a kid from small town decided to do something different.

Well ! guess what SAP.not everyone is rich in this world to even pay for practising.

good luck all  !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

Now a days its getting jobs for freshers also.Some companies asking only freshers in SAP.

So try to those.

All the best for future.

sbhatnagar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

Writing against SAP over here won't make any better. Better be someone, then make a difference. Try to excel your skills for now as it was your decision to move into SAP.

Our company has a few openings at the moment. Please go to THIS link and send me a message containing your email id; Will try to help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swapnil Sir,

i am a student currently learning SAP ABAP looking for a opportunity to excel y skills.

kindly provide me details if there are any openings.

Regards

shubham (hyderabad)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

0 Kudos

Hi Keerthan,

Unfortunately there is not an SAP IDES alternative as good as Consolut provided. It’s a pity. I can also understand Roshan frustration.

I am completely agreed with Samarth’s remark. I think all we should request SAP IDES access, even people who enrolled in any official SAP courses and pass official certification. They are not allowing to any IDES after finished.

So at least people with any SAP certification should join us to ask for IDES access.

Regards,

Everybody

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only company that still offers free access to demo SAP IDES systems is Ivobe. There are two limitations though. The first limitation is related to time period - the free access is limited to 72 hours. The second limitation is related to authorization for performing customizing. They do not allow to perform customizing for free users. Besides these two limitations their service is great. The free access to SAP IDES can be requested here: http://www.ivobe.com/free-trial/.

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for sharing, but it is not allowed to do anything   for example se80, se37 se38 , se24,se16n, se16 , se11 , se84

only logistic without customizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, they do not allow any ABAP developments in their shared SAP system. They said me that they do not provide permission for ABAP developments because someone with a developer key can easily break the shared system down. Since the shared SAP system is used by many people at the same time, there is a high risk of damaging the system by doing any ABAP development.

For ABAPers they offer dedicated clients in their SAP system. In dedicated clients, Ivobe provides full access for any development transactions.

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for reply, do u know how much does cost it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The price is the same as for the standard shared system but you need to buy at least 5 user accounts. So, this option is good if you know other people who need SAP IDES access because you can split the cost between everybody.

sksaxena
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We all understand that we can't do much about it if consolut has decided to call off their free service BUT we would like to express our disappointment over this. We used to use it for learning SAP in a better way.

We can only request SAP to come up with such IDES service, so that thousands of consultants like us can leverage it for understanding SAP in an enhanced manner, which in turn could result in better application development/implementation.

Thanks

Samarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well said Roshan.  I understand how it feels. Don't give up man.

former_member266656
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. Hope we can have same alternate solution.

Regards

Girish Bahuguna

keerthan_1987
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any other way or any other service exist to access SAP in home ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

www.idesaccess.com

www.erptraininguk.net

www.idesremote.com

Are few affordable services I have found online. Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to see that Education is not free, It's all come down to do business and making money. I am sad as well as all of you that " IDES Consolut "  is no longer providing this service.

WHO SHOULD WE REQUEST!!! ?

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Due to license issues this service is no longer available.

Aus lizenzrechtlichen Gründen ist dieser Service nicht länger verfügbar.

SAP provides different charged training & education services at:

https://training.sap.com/shop/live-access

das consolut IDES Team

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we all are very sad about it, but it's not consolut issue but SAP-issue and SAP-order ... :cry: