Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYV change from K1 to V3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here are the facts:

• I'm facing the following challenge. My company will merge with another company and we're required to change our current FY from K1 (jan - Dec) to V3 (Apr - Mar).
  • Transition to be completed in March 2017.
  • We have Fixed Assets.

I've extensively researched about the procedure to do this and I can summarize 2 alternatives:

1. Option A:
    • I can continue to use my current FYV "K1" though Fiscal Years 2015 and 2016 (Jan - Dec).
    • Then, I'll have to define a shortened FY from Jan to March 2017. This FYV will have to be assigned to my company codes prior to processing any transactions in Jan 2017.
    • Fixed assets will also have to be properly assigned to the new year-dependent shortened FY.
    • Then, in March 2017, we can process 2017 Year end close.
    • At this point, I can assign FYV "V3" to my company codes in March 2017 and before any transaction is posted in April 2017.
    • New FY 2018 will be running from Apr 2017 to Mar 2018, based on FYV "V3"
    • Once more Fixed assets will also have to be properly updated with the new and final FYV "V3".

1. Option B:
    1. I can continue to use my current FYV "K1" though Fiscal Years 2015 (jan - Dec).
    2. Then for FY 2016, I'll define an extended FYV that will cover Jan - Dec 2016 + Jan - Mar 2017 = 15 Periods.
      1. Since a FYV can't have more than 12 periods, I'll have to define a shortened FYV for jan - Mar 2017 and set the shifting periods to (-1) just so the FY during these months remains as 2016.
    3. Then, for the periods from April - Dec 2017, the shift period will be = "0", meaning that the FY will be 2017.
    4. Same as option 1, Fixed assets will have to be adjusted to recognize the new FY.

Has anyone gone through a similar conversion that can share some thoughts about the options I explained above?   

*I'm aware that SAP offers their SLO services for this kind of conversion, but I'm hoping that more than being redirected to the OSS notes that describe this service, I can get some more technical insight about tested best practices for this conversion.

Thank you.

Leo Barradas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

any thoughts about my previous post? Thank you in advance.

Leo B