Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data provisioning in SLT and HANA

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I going thru HANA300, where it says data proviosinig can be done from HANA from SLT.
My question is triggering load can be done from HANA as well as SLT? if yes what will be the difference?

Thanks
SRi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member256353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I am using SLT for data provisioning from ERp and CRM.

The triggering load can be done from both sides - either from SLT or from Hana "data provisioning".

I dont think that there's a difference - both ways you start the replication for a table.

The results are the same.

But, there's one thing that makes me preferring the SLT triggering: I can add several tables in the "data provisioning" in SLT in the tab "overview of tables" where as in HANA I have to search and add tables one by one. That's the only difference I can see.

I use an excel-list of tables that shall be replicated and I can upload any number at once in SLT - this I cannot do in HANA.

Maybe others know more about it.

Regards

Greg

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your response.

I was just going thru ODP and it says that its better to install ODP at source system rather than target system.

My question is if ODP is not installed anywhere (Source and target), I guess still replication will be carried out. How does replication and delta handling take place in absence of ODP?

thanks

Sri

former_member256353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I just had to go and check about ODP.

As I dont use any BW/BI in my systems, I havent had any need to care about ODP.

So, for your question: if ODP is not installed anywhere (Source and target), I guess still replication will be carried out. How does replication and delta handling take place in absence of ODP?

Pretty much the same as I described in my previous post. Quickly said, it like this:

By setting up a connection in SLT, you create a source connection to SLT as well as a target destination in a HANA DB.

When starting replication with SLT, SLT loads initially the tables from Source to Target and sets delta in Source and a trigger in SLT. This trigger "fires" SLT replication when the source table has changed - all managed by SLT.

But, you can look it all up here in the SLT forum......

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_Landscape_Transformation_for_SAP_HANA_Operations_Guide_en.pdf

Link as example....

But, If you do replicate into a BW System, I'd go for the ODP approach, otherwise not.

So, I am not sure about your needs, or your system configuration.

Regards

Greg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you asking how does the SLT between HANA to HANA and SLT between other source to HANA differ?

Can you share more details to be able to understand the question better?

SaiKrishna_V
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate you question please..