cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target cost different than standard cost on production order cost analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have a case that for production orders in period Jan and Feb the standard cost for one the finished product was as below:

Jan      -->      167.56 $

Feb      -->      178.10 $

For period Jan all the GI and Confirm and GR happened in the same period but the period end closing happened in 1/2 (Feb).

the issue is that for period Jan the target cost displayed on the cost analysis on the production order is as below:

Jan --> 183.16 $

Is this is the standard behavior from SAP ,, what might be the causes for this case ?!!

Really appreciate your assistant.

Regards,

Ahmed Samir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

Target is generated when you do GR. As it is done in period jan..so target also showing in Jan and it's standard behavior

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kamal,

Thanks for your respond , however the target cost appeared not the standard cost as i mentioned in the header, it's a different number 183.16  $

note that the period end closing happened in 1/2 after releasing the new cost estimate.

Regards,

Ahmed Samir

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you done variance calculation on the order? Real Target cost is calculated at the time of variance calculation.

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajneesh,

thanks for your respond, yes i made the period end closing on 1/2 including the variance calculation, after releasing the new cost estimate which is 178.10 $ ,, however the target cost appear in the order is a different number 183.16  $ !

Am i missing some thing ?!

Regards,

Ahmed Samir