Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center Distribution in Plan

wolfgang_walz2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking for a solution how I can do a (plan) allocation for cost centers? In the standard I can only create distribution rules and run a overhead distribution for the actual data.

Kind regards,

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Thomas ist right, this feature is currently not available. But I would realize this by developing an excel macro for distribution. In this case you can use regular business planning feature:

1. Extract historic data

2. Plan new values (primary costs)

3. Start excel macro for distribution (secondary costs)

4. Upload data

If you use specific G/L accounts for distribution you can then compare planned and actual costs per cost center.

Best Regards,

Andreas

wolfgang_walz2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

we have several distribution rules. E.G.

distribute cost center 1 to cc2 (20%), cc3 (40%), cc4 (40%) and

distribute cost center 5 to cc2 (30%), cc6 (50%), cc7 (20%) ….

We want to use this rules for our cost center planning. This reason ist that we only plan our primary cost. The secondary cost should than be planned by using the distribution rules. This means that after planing our cost center we want to distribute the values of some cc to other cc. Because only if we are doing this we can than use our cc-planing for comparison of plan and actual data.

As far as I know is the use of the distibution rules not possible in the planning.

Best regards,

Wolfgang

thomas_meder
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

currently, it is not available. But may I ask you to add it as a request in https://ideas.sap.com/SAPByDesign?

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

what`s the reason why you don`t use business planning option for that? There you could plan the allocation on cost center level?

Or what do you mean exactly with "plan" in this context?

Best Regards,

Andreas