cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-execute failed batch derivation via batchjob

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are making use of the batch derivation in order to inherit batch characteristic result from the component to the finished product via a process order (Event 400).

We have therefore setup a pull derivation making use of the following document and this working fine.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-36120

However in the case when the goods receipt for the process order is posted before the goods issue, the sending batch is still unknown to the system and the batch derivation fails.

Although it is possible to reexecute the batch derivation manually using DVMAN, we want to save our users from this burden and schedule a batchjob to try and reexecute the batch derivation.

We have found SAP report RVBDRVMB but it does not seem to work in this scenario.

I suppose this issue is relatively common and we would like to know how best to address it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

This may seem a monologue but since I have found the answer I decided to post it here as it may help someone...

The report RVBDRVMB checks that the derivation has been changed (field DRVLOG_HEADER-CHANGE_DATE is set).

This field is initially empty after the first goods receipt from the process order. As long as this field is empty the report does not reprocess the derivations. (Why would it since nothing changed ).

However the posting of the goods issue for the process order (CORK in our example) updates the relevant derivation in DRVLOG_HEADER with a CHANGE_DATE.

By doing so the program does not ignore these derivations anymore and tries to reprocess them as expected.

Answers (0)