cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to distribute exchange rate difference to material with moving average price?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community,

Exchange rate differences are not distributed into the items based on the shipment (per article/material). Is there a workaround available based on the GR/IR exchange rate difference and the material that was purchased?

Thank you and best regards,

Barbara Dörr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

Kindly refer to help document < GR/IR Clearing Run - Price Differences With Moving average cost method >

Differences in the GRIR will be directly posted to the material account.

Kindly provide a screenshot if issue is something more specifc to certain purchase order where it is not as per system behavior.

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

thanks a lot for the quick answer, but I
had read this documentation and only found this documentation of exchange rate
difference posting:

GR/IR clearing uses the exchange rate of
the goods receipt. The GR/IR clearing run completely clears Unbilled Payables
and Purchases in Transit. The run calculates price differences of EUR 155 and exchange rate differences of EUR
135. The price differences are posted to the price difference account and the
exchange rate differences to the exchange rate difference account.

Therefore I guessed that the exchange
rate differences are NOT distributed to the material with moving average price.

Best Regards,

Barbara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

I have tested it and you are right that the exchange rate differences will post to difference account irrespective of the perpetual cost method.

If you need a workaround to post the differences to material account you can do it manually through the Journal Entry Vouchers and select journal entry type as 0087 - Manual Entry for Material.

Refer to help document : Manual Entries for Material and follow the instuctions

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

a manual posting is not desirable due to high volume. We suggest a PDI development that creates an automated JEV with an adjustment entry for materials, based on the GR/IR run results.

Best Regards,

Barbara