cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout in IW38

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to change the layout in IW38 so that everyone running the report have a certain default layout how do I do it I tried to search I couldn't find anything material.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Users will have saved their ALV layouts under different names.

2. Users will have their selection screen variants saved in the format U_UserId. Means User with userId ABC123 will have his selection screen varaint as U_ABC123.

3. In this Selection screen variant, he will maintain his saved  ALV layout name in the Layout  field at the bottom of Selection screen (IW38),

This way when a user runs IW38, he automatically gets his selection screen (where his custom layout is mentioned) and automatically gets his designed layout in the output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So it means I can not centrally make a default layout for everyone?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why not? If your requirement is a single layout for everyone, then you can make it by ticking the Default check box while saving Layout.

former_member201392
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi...

i agreed with Jogeswara sir's suggestion, it is better way to maintain the report layout User wise.

or if you want to maintain same layout for the all user , then create 1 layout only & assign the same in to variant.

Create one variant for all the user with one layout. (set as Default)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The above screen shot  is exactly what I want but I already have a pool of layouts and it is from this that I want to choose one to make it default I am not creating  a new one so how do I select it.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then do it. What's the issue?  Perhaps you want to know how to do it. This is how.

Then tick the box and Click on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did this , but still  if I run the report its picking a different layout not the one I made default.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ensure that the Layout field in the selection screen is blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried doing that but if I refresh and run the report on the first screen its defaulting a layout that was there all along and not the new one I set as default

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do this

1. Give value  /STANDARD in the layout field of 1st screen.

2. Design your desired layout in the output.

3. Save this layout as /STANDARD with default check box ticked.

4. Run IW38 and see now.

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set the layout as follows:

From the IW39 results screen, select the variant icon (Ctrl+F8)

Adjust the fields to be displayed as required

On this popup then press the SAVE icon

Enter a name and description for the icon

Select 'default setting' flag

Press green 'transfer' icon to save

See note 409190 for information on authorizations.

-Paul