cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT wagetype is not generated for OT hours in IT 2002

saphr_professional
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus, I am running positive time evaluation and we are manually entering clock-in and outs in Time Events (IT 2011) and we also have attendance types like ‘Trainings’ and ‘Seminars’ and which we will maintain in Attendances (IT 2002) As per the daily work schedule, employee’s planned working hours is 9.Employee has attendance record of 11 hours in Attendances (IT 2002) on account of trainings on 05.03.2015.overtime wage type for 2 hour is not getting generated. Can some one suggest me how I can generate OT wage type for 2 hours. Thank you SAP HR Professional

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I looked at your TIP table and it seems that you are not getting your time pairs with time id 01 flagged as overtime using processing type M.

You need to get that flagged as M first and then wage type will get generated.

I had written one document where overtime gets calculated in Positive Time Evaluation. Please go through the below document which will explain how overtime gets calculated.

You don't need to follow the above logic exactly. You can write a custom PCR like I have written to flag time pairs with time id 01 as M and then define the T510S for overtime generation.

I hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Vivek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Vivek is spot on as usual in his response, and his documents are excellent resources in order to learn Time Management and the concepts behind it. Please go through them to understand it.

In this case the issue is that you are using function GWT with a parameter of M in PAR2 which tells the system to only generate wage types with a processing type of M and then your TIP table has no entries that contain processing type M.

This is the field we are referring to from your screenshot.

To give you a functional example of how this is supposed to work/look please take a look at standard SAP rule TO02 which is for "Calculating Overtime Time Pairs After x Hours" via transaction PE02. Here is a schema screenshot showing how it creates an entry with a processing type of M based upon an existing entry (From IT2011/TEVEN in my example, although the same principle would apply for your IT2002 entry). Some of the key operations within this rule are: OUTTPVTYPE which checks the current value in the processing type field for the TIP entry being processed, GENTPB which splits the existing TIP entry being processed, and FILLPVM which changes the processing type to M for the entry that we just split. Please also note some of the standard SAP Time types being used in the calculation.

You can see how the last entry in the TIP table after the output has a value of M after going through the standard SAP rule in my screenshot and how it was split from 13:00-17:00 with 4 hours to multiple entries with 3 hours of S (Reg) and 1 hours of M (OT) to tell the system that this entry needs to be split.

Thanks,

Imran