cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VK11/VK12 unable to maintain tax amount 0 for tax code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I assigned a tax code C3 to 21% & 0% with different account key and G/L account in FTXP.

When in VK11/VK12, I selected the tax code C3, it will populate 21 %. I tried to change it to 0% but system doesn't allow, it auto corrected it to 21 % still.

Any way to make it to be able to change the amount of the tax code to 0 % ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Foreclose the validity period in VK11.  Else, in FTXP, you can change the value; not in VK12.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check FXP and the dates held against the tax code as well. Sometimes people will change the tax amount in FTXP and do not check the dates and therefore the pricing date is before the date set in FTXP and will not pull through the new tax rate. So you will either need to change the pricing date of the order or amend the date in FTXP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Actually I need to remain both values ( 21 % & 0% ) under the same tax code at the same time. It is because I have a pricing procedure with different condition type for this 2 tax rates. Somehow I hit with error when trying to post the billing document with different tax codes in the pricing procedure, so I tried with same tax code with different rate (21% and 1%) in VK11/VK12, and it worked. But, the problem  now, I couldn't maintain 0% in VK11/VK12. Wondering what's missing.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I need to remain both values ( 21 % & 0% ) under the same tax code

With the standard settings, it is not possible unless you differentiate the validity period of condition record.  The Best Practice is if there is any value change in tax, you need to have a different tax code only.  Better discuss with your FI consultants who can assist you in this regard.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

MicMic P wrote:

Actually I need to remain both values ( 21 % & 0% ) under the same tax code at the same time. .

I agree with G. This is definitely not a standard. You would normally have a separate tax code for each relevant tax value in the calculation which can be maintained in FTXP and driven by date.