cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I install SP13, can I uninstall it to return to the version I currently have installed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've been using 13.0.2 for a long time, and have invested a lot of time getting everything to work correctly. It's old, but it works for us so until now we haven't really felt the need to upgrade to a newer SP. However, because of this issue we're now thinking about updating, and we might as well go to the latest version.

I'd like to install SP13 to try it out, but if it ends up breaking a lot of our existing code we may just decide to tough it out and stick with 13.0.2. When I install SP13, will it replace my existing SP2 installation, or will I be able to uninstall it and automatically be back to SP2?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

I do not foresee any issues. However you will have to uninstall the SP you are on now and do a new install of SP 13. E.g.; SP13 does not automatically update anything. On your development computer, you must use the install exe in order to correctly add CR to VS. On the runtime computers, you must uninstall the the runtime, then use one of the runtime packages (MSM, MSI, CLickOnce) from SP 13.

Of course, testing would always be advisable before springing a surprise on your customers

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Thanks for the quick response! So I can't simply install SP13 side-by-side with SP2 and point my project at the correct one? I actually need to uninstall SP2 first for SP13 to be able to install properly?

- KD

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is correct. There is no SP Side by Side install. And yes, you must uninstall. When you try to install a later SP, it will not let you until you do the removal of the previous SP>

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know! Thanks Ludek!

- KD

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NP

Good luck and have a great weekend