cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP - Capacity Requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

I have a general question.  I'm looking to have SNP calculate my capacity requirements using both the Production Planned orders AND the Production Confirmed orders.  I have my Production Order CIF turned on to send any confirmed Production Orders over to SNP.  I see these orders there and the Heuristic takes these into account when creating the Planned Orders.

However, when I go to the capacity planning screen, I see only the Planned Orders being taken into account for determining my capacity requirements and comparing this to my available capacity.  Since I know I already have Production Orders opened up, I would naturaly want to see these either taken into account with what available capacity I have left or have it show also as a capacity requirement with my Planned Orders.

Can anyone tell me how I can get SNP to take these confirmed orders into account to do my capacity (work center....ie, resource) analysis?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

SNP is used for mid to long term capacity planning and PPDS is used for short term. The time bucket planning for SNP is days, weeks, years and for PPDS is hours, minutes and seconds. So, with SNP you will never be able to plan at hour level.

For capacity planning the SNP and PPDS use separate production data structure (PDS for SNP and a separate PDS for PPDS) .

If you are using SNP and PPDS modules the best way is to separate the horizons (this is my preferable option).

For example you can fix 14 days as PPDS horizon and 6-12 months for SNP horizon. In this case you have to convert all SNP Plan.Orders for the first 14 days into PPDS Pl.Orders.

So, for the first 2 weeks you will have just PPDS orders for production execution and then for the rest of the year SNP Pl.Orders. On this way you can control the capacity of work center very easy.

Now, to block SNP to generate SNP.Pl.Orders in the first 2 week you have to maintain a SNP planning time fence of 14 days at product level.

Please check this link: http://www.voyagebc.com/apo-planning-horizon/

Hope that can help you.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius 

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using mixed resources; SNP will take into consideration the capacity consumed by productin orders.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

My work centers (resources) are setup as Multi-Mixed and it is not taking the production orders into consideration for the capacity consumption. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marius:

We are actually strictly trying to do capacity analysis within SNP.  We do not use PP/DS.  However, I see your point that SNP is not really setup for short term capacity analysis and it used mostly for long term analysis.  It works great for our long term analysis and I can generate the hours it needs to meet the heuristically generated planned orders and display those hours in the monthly buckets.

Thanks.

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

So, you send from ECC Pl.orders in APO. But in APO you don't have PDS PPDS. In this case send the Pl.orders from ECC to APO as SNP Planned Orders. This option is available when you activate the integration model (t.code CFM2) for the Pl.orders (Create Planned Orders as SNP Planned Orders).

In this way you will have just SNP Pl.Orders in APO and will match the master data that you have maintained on APO side.

Thanks, Marius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Since there is no direct link between a SNP-PDS and a PP/DS-PDS and no generally valid logic to calculate bucket consumption by PP/DS-type orders on SNP resources in standard SAP APO, therefore, there is no capacity consumption relevant for SNP by PP/DS-type orders that exist in the system. 

SNP planning books are not designed to view PP/DS orders / capacity consumption by PP/DS-type orders because SNP planning works on bucket capacity so it shows SNP orders / capacity consumption by SNP-type orders. In order to make it work for PP/DS orders some additional configuration at master planning object structure (MPOS) & planning book level is required. You Should have both SNP & PPDS Type PDS in APO.

Note: The PP/DS PDS does not have bucket consumption, so there is no capacity consumption relevant for SNP. By SAP standard, only continuous consumption is maintained in the PP/DS PDS by the Core Interface (CIF), the bucket consumption (which is how SNP views capacity) is missing.

Additional configuration as per below mentioned details is required to see order details for PP/DS orders in SNP capacity planning view:

1. a.      Assign key-figure 9AFPROD to aggregates 9ARE, 9AMARE and 9AREPR in the planning area. Only then the confirmed production quantities will be shown in the second grid of the capacity view.

2. b.     Assign the key-figure 9AFPROD to the planning book grid2 and make it visible via macro 'layout attributes for resource type'.

3. c.      To display dependent objects details, SNP-PDS must be maintained in APO. The reason is that while using 'show dependent objects' option in the SNP planning book only SNP master data is checked.

4. d.  The PP/DS PDS does not have bucket consumption, so there is no capacity consumption relevant for SNP. In order to populate bucket consumption field into PP/DS Production Structure through standard CIF process we need to implement business add-in (BADI) /SAPAPO/CURTO_CREATE & method CIF_IMPORT and use the example coding of note 657185 (RTO: Sample code for calculating bucket consumptions 4.0.)

Kindly let me know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Rajesh Tiwari

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please don't publicize inaccurate information.

SNP does consider the capacity consumption from Production orders anda PPDS Planned Orders.

Again, use a single mixed or multi mixed resource.

And yes PPM's and PDS's do have bucket capacity consumption contained in them.

Please open a PPM and PDS and investigate before saying they don't.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

If you want to consider the resource loads caused by production orders, then you should also transfer production versions to APO as PP/DS PDS. Production orders in APO will use the PPDS PDS as source of supply, and thus capacity requirement will be considered for the resource used in PPDS PDS

More from SAP Help:

If you want to consider the resource loads caused by PP/DS orders in SNP planning, and adjust the SNP planning accordingly, you must use mixed resources (single-mixed resources or multimixed resources). In mixed resources, you define the bucket capacity for period-oriented planning in SNP and the time-continuous capacity for time-continuous planning in PP/DS. An SNP order utilizes the bucket capacity of a mixed resource and a PP/DS order utilizes the time-continuous capacity of a mixed resource. For SNP planning, the amount of bucket capacity utilized by PP/DS orders is displayed as an aggregated capacity requirement. SNP planning can therefore take account of the PP/DS orders. For PP/DS planning, the time-continuous capacity used by SNP orders is not displayed.

Regards,

Mukesh