cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registry key that modifies the default description in Monitoring -> Jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been trying to replicate a change in CPS v9 that we made to Redwood v7 7 years ago.  This was to change the default description of a single step job when displayed in the Monitoring -> Jobs screen.  Our v7 Redwood used to display job descriptions in the same default way that our new CPS v9 system does, i.e.   "Run <ABAP_PROGRAM>/<VARIANT> in <Redwood Job Name> (<SID>/<Client>)".

The change we made to the registry in v7 was to just display the Redwood Job Name instead of the above.

I'm now trying to do the same in CPS v9, but I've read all of the sections in the CPS Administration Guide and searched OSS and SDN, but to no avail.

I'm assuming we can still tailor the description in CPS v9.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Regards

Guy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guy,

You can disable the overwriting of the job descriptions (and thus keeping the CPS job descriptions) by setting the Process Server Parameter SAP_JobDescriptionPolicy to None.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers Gerben.  Worked a treat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it also possible to define your own Job description?

For example include a certain parameter in the description?

KR

Sjoerd

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sjoerd,

This cannot be done through a registry key, but you can create a trigger to adjust job names for you.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

I used this in the on_change action:

// Set Job description

jcsJob.setDescription(jcsJob.getJobParameterByName("GCC").getInValue() + " NL_PY_MainJob " + jcsJob.getJobParameterByName("PYStatus").getInValue());

Is this what you mean?

Thanks
sjoerd

Answers (0)