Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS Job final status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using CPS M33.104.

By default, Is the CPS final job status depends on the below message types from SAP by ignoring the exit codes from the sap jobs?

• A - Termination
• E - Error Message
• S - Completed
• W - Warning

For example, If the end status of SAP job is completed..it will be completed in CPS and if the end status of SAP job is error..CPS job status also will error basing on the above message types?. Please advise.

Regards, Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

S will be Completed

E and W will be Error

A will be either Error or Killed depending on the type of abort, this is also configurable using a registry key.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gerben. What is the message type for the jobs which are in canceled state?

Regards,

Chandu

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have a look in the help in the Reference section look for the Registry Keys, in here find the entry for KilledMessages for some explanation.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gerben.

Regards,

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerben or Nanda,

One last question.

We have one more requirement which is to put the CPS job status to successful for message type 'I' and 'W' irrespective of the Message Class and Message Number

Can you please confirm if the below configuration is correct on the return code mapping tab

(MESSAGE TYPE: I)

Client Number Mask: 200

Jobname Mask: *

Username Mask: *

Message Class: *

Message Number: *

Message Type: I

Return Code: 0

(MESSAGE TYPE: W)

Client Number Mask: 200

Jobname Mask: *

Username Mask: *

Message Class: *

Message Number: *

Message Type: W

Return Code: 0

Regards,

Chandu

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to look into the UseApplicationReturnCode parameter, I think by setting this to false you will already get what you want.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerben,

As per your advice, I have configured the XBP job control rule and checked ignore appl return code, changed Action field to Monitor. I have attached the screenshot. Could you please confirm, the below configuration in the screen shot solve my below requirement.

Message types         CPS job final status

A                                 Error
E                                 Error
S                                Completed
W                               Completed
I                                 Completed

Please advise.

Regards,

Chandu

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont use the job control rules for this, but set the UseApplicationReturnCode Process Server Parameter to false.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerben, I see a little different process server parameter 'SAP_IgnoreApplicationReturnCode' instead of 'UseApplicationReturnCode'. I made it to true instead of 'false'. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Chandu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For A/E - it will be "killed" in Redwood.

for S - "Completed"

for W - i'm guessing its a combination of message type+class, because i have seen the corresponding job go into both "completed" and "killed"

thanks

Nanda