Did you mean: 

Attaching a document to wbs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to attach documents to wbs in my project ,

I am getting the following error.

"The function is not attached in customizing for object PRPS."

I used TC DC10 and made some changes , I was able to attach the document but I was not able to open the document in SAP. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my test system, if I drag and drop the document to wbs, a window opens which shows the PRPS assigned for all the document types, where as in my development system I don't have the option to drag and drop the document, and I am not getting the window which shows the prps assigned to document types, is there any ps notes to be implemented to get the window.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

Did you tried this method.

In CJ20N, select the  WBS element, in the overview screen click "document overview" - a small window will open, if you change the radio button choose all versions, then you can add documents here.

Kindly provide the screenshot of your system behavior

Below is for your reference

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I tried this step, I can attach documents which are stored in SAP but I am not able to attach the documents from my desktop

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

As far as i have seen, you need to use Services of Object to attach documents from desktop. Then create a custom report to identify the document attached in WBS element.

If you dont want to use this, then you need to use document management system where you save the document and assign the same to WBS element.

Either one way you need to follow to obtain the result, else i dont think your requirement is possible.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I have used dc10 and defined PRPS for the document type , now when I drag and drop the document on wbs , a window opens to select the file from desktop after selecting the required file I am getting error as "Network address default of your computer is not maintained ".

Regards,

Vineeth

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

Just try below whether it works. Go to DC20 and maintain relevant configuration.

Go to transation code DC20  - select define data carrier type, "server, front end" -  Define servers and files or folders - click on identify frontend computer -- click on default entry and save it.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria ,

I have done all this now I am getting this error

"all required fields must befilled out DRAT-DKTXT"

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

Are you using Document Management System ?

If that so, you can assign the WBS element from CV02N. In the Object Link maintain the WBS element.

From CJ20n, you can just assign a document to a WBS element just by click and drag and attach.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria Terence,

I am not using DMS and I am not authorized to use the t-code CV02 , Is there any other way by which I can solve this.

Regards,

Vineeth

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kadam,

If you are not using DMS then why u have made changes in DC10, and were u are attaching document ???

IF we are using DMS then only we make changes in DC10 and attach document in CV02N with document type and used WBS as Object link to attached the document in WBS. then only it will be display document in WBS level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I was trying all possible things to attach the document to wbs , So I made changes in DC10 in our test system. Please give me some solution can it be done without using DMS.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

Go to CJ20N, Select the WBS element and Right Click - Services of Object - Create -  Create Attachments

On saving it, the documents will be available with respect to the WBS element assigned.

Regards    

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I have tried this as well , I was able to attach the documents but in cj20n , we will not know which wbs element has the attachment as the document attachment number is not shown.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

You can create a custom report to see the documents attached to a wbs Element.

On the other hand, you should look for Document Management system, which is a good option to store documents and to view it.

Regards

Terence