cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Crystal Reports version for Visual Studio uses VC8 Runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing serious problems while trying to install Crystal Reports 2013 with the VC 8 Runtime. Unfortunately, Microsoft provides only limited support for VC 8 because this product is already in the so-called extended support phase. Do you have any plans to support a current VC Runtime? Best Regards Heinz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Annette,

The SDK for CR 2013 is Crystal reports for Visual Studio which is version 13 runtime. CR 2013 does not come with an SDK.

It does require VS 2010, 2012 or 2013 to integrate into the VS IDE though.

You can download it from here:

There are no plans to support a VS that is end of life or in Extended mode.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don, sorry for my inexactly description and question. SAP Crystal Reports developer version for MS Visual Studio currently requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) as running condition. Microsoft terminates the Extended Support of this runtime in the 1st half of 2016. My question is, when will SAP Crystal Reports developer version for MS Visual Studio use a newer Visual C++ Runtime? Heinz

0 Kudos

Hi Heinz,

Ah, that makes more sense.... Yes we are aware of these dates and R&D is actively working on updating the version of VS C++ Compiler so we can update our dependencies as well.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I am working with the same firm as Annette and Heinz.

As some months have passed: Can you give us an update on the status of the VS C++ Runtime support? At what time will a Crystal Reports that uses a newer runtime be available?

Kind regards

Guenther

0 Kudos

Hi Guenther,

No sorry, I still have not seen anything from DEV as to when we'll be getting off of VC 2005 C++ dependencies. It's a huge update and it's going to potentially cause a lot of regression issues.

I know they are working on it....

Don

PS - did you guys log a case in SMP? Jayashree asked me about this this morning also....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

thank you for your answer.

Yes, it was us who also asked Jayashree on this. As we release major technical updates only once a year this is a very important issue for us. It's a pity that you can't tell us more at this time. We have a strict policy considering the variety of VC-Runtimes we ship to our customers. Is it possible to tell us which version of the MS VC++ Redist-Package the new version will require?

Guenther

0 Kudos

Hi Guenther,

At this time Jayashree cannot update you any more than what we know, which isn't much...

I suggest closing the case and check this post closer to the end of year or early December for more updates.

I checked with IMS Platform team and they are now in discussions with the DEV team managing the update and working on the plan to do the update and what it is going to entail, versions etc.

So at this time we don't have any exact versions yet. I heard we were going to use VS 2015 Compiler but that was on a suggestion.

Still no dates either... I've ask the IMS team to put me on the thread also so I can get updates as well.

See this page for more info on Platforms:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-54443

Don

Message was edited by: Don Williams

brent_douglas_3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Anyone get updates on this VC++ 2005 issue?

I'm trying to work this thru support, could not find any info on the PAM - curious if there has been movement on it.

Thanks!
Brent

0 Kudos

Hi Brent,

Yes they are still upgrading the dependency, it is a huge upgrade, the code stream for BI products has a huge dependency on the MSVC files...

BOE 4.2 SP 3 should have the update in it as well as CR for VS SP 18. SP 3 will be released this summer some time and SP 18 will be in September, not sure if SP 17 will have it or not... All of the dates are tentative, all depends on QA and if they find any problems in the final builds...

Don

brent_douglas_3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, Don ... I just looked at the installed files with my 4.1, and it's still coming with the 2005 C++.  My concern is more with the Webi side of the house than CR, looks like they both have the same lineage.

B

0 Kudos

WEBI or CR it's all part of the BI platform and built off the same dependencies. It's only the format engine for WEBI, everything else is Java. But still part of the C++ stack so when 4.2 SP 3 comes out it should remove the 2005 dependency.

Don

0 Kudos

Oh I should mention, there are no plans to upgrade 4.1 since 4.2 is out now...

Upgrade to 4.2 now and you will be one step closer....

Don

Answers (0)