Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to get connections for connection using session locale

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a OLAP Connection to a multitenant SAP HANA DB (SP 09) from CMS ( 4.0 SP 05).But I am getting below error

I checked SAP Note#1779252 and installed SAP HANA Studio and was able to connect to the DB w/o any issue.Please suggest.

Thanks,

Mofizur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Mofizur

Don't read too much into that particular error message. It basically means a connection could not be made but it could be for any reason... wrong server name, wrong password, network problems etc.

In your particular example it looks like you are creating a connection to a HANA system. Before you do that, an easy way to confirm the connection is to click on the "Connect" button in the above image and enter the HANA logon details. When it works you will get a list of views.

If the HANA server is on a different domain you will need to enter a full qualified name for the HANA server. Also double check that you are using the correct instance number.

Regards

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ian,

I installed HANA Studio on that particular host and was able to connect with same details.Not sure what exactly going wrong here.

Thanks,

Mofizur

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Mofizur

I can't think off-hand why this should fail for AOLAP given other tools are working. I suggest you contact support and they can investigate more thoroughly.

Regards

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

As Per SAP Support OLAP connection does not support the Multi-server configuration yet.They have forwarded our incident to development support as this it needs to be evaluate for future implementation.They will update accordingly in case any furtherclarification are needed.

Thanks,

Mofizur

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks Mofizur

I wasn't aware you were trying a multi-tenant / multi-server configuration. We've only become aware of this limitation.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mofizur,

Issue resolved. Need to create the entry as <host>;<tenant port>;

In our case, goaxxxx1:30041;

Able to successfully test the connection.

Raj