cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Hierarchy from file flat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have transferred the hierarchy of infoobjet 0IM_REPOBJ  from OLPT, and a new hierarchy is created in SAP BW.

Now we want to add new characteristic (node)  to this hierarchy, from upload file flat.

I have followed all steps of documentation from sdn but I can't do it.

After that, I think that from uploading file flat, only is possible created a new hierarchy or update a hierarchy created before for this way.

It's correct or exist any way for update by uploading file flat, of a hierarchy downloaded from OLPT?,

Best Regard,

Mario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhishek_shanbhogue2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mario

Can you elaborate if your encountering failures upon hierarchy uploads? Upon successful uploads the hierarchy should get replaced with the latest one (via flat file)

You can download the hierarchy from OLTP and do the required amendments to upload it back again to BW via flat file

Thanks

Abhishek Shanbhogue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

When I try to upload the new characteristic from file flat, the follow error appear:

RSAR 204: Error when you calculate the node level in ahierarchy.

There is two sap notes, but it not apply for our case.

When I create the infopackage of datasource from file, in tab "Hierarchy Selection" I can't select the herarchies available from OLPT, I have to create a new hierarchy. Although I create a new hierarchy with the same technical name of OLPT hierarchy, the system assign a new internal ID.

And I think that, when I execute the infopackage from file flat, try calculate the node level in the new hierarchy created and not of the hierarchy existing in a infoobject.

For this reason I guess that it isn't possible update by file flat of  a hierarchy downloaded from OLPT.

Regarding your proposal of download the OLPT hierarchy, update it and upload to BW from file flat (deleting the existing hierarchy). I think that would be the more aproximate option, but we'll have to analyze the process, because the hierarchy will be updated both from OLPT as file flat.

Have I to assume that my guesses are right?.

Best Regard,

Mario.

abhishek_shanbhogue2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

When you have created a datasource for flat file it wont show the OLTP hierarchy as it isnt connected to OLTP OR looking for hierarchy which are available in OLTP. Only in the IP which is having your OLTP has source system will show the hierarchy after you select the button "Available Hierarchies from OLTP"

Also I am assuming your using routines in transformations/tranfer rules to calculate hierarchies and same logic will need to applied in the Flat File related data flow so that existing one gets updated

Thanks

Abhishek Shanbhogue

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

An approach could be to delete the hierarchy in BW and after that create it again using the flat file upload.

Best regards,
Sander