cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Exit Design Mode Because Control ' ' Cannot be created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an input form template. When some users open the input template they got this error and some do not get that error. Users are using MS excel 2010 and EPM Add in version 10, SP 15 patch 2.

Could you please let me know anyone facing this issue?

Thank you for your help.

Thanks,

Indra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indra, l think it is issue of inconsistencies across user computers, try to uninstall and reinstall EPM ADDin across all troubled systems and see. Some times it works.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I already did and not worked.  I will check the EPM log based on Jeff's advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indra,

Have you tried upgrading any of the users with issues to the latest version of the EPM Add-In?  Your patch version is quite behind.  I believe SAP is up to SP20 Patch 2.

Also, have you looked to see if the users with errors have received Microsoft updates recently?

There are several threads, like this one, that address issues related to Microsoft updates:

I hope you find this helpful.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for you reply. We are planning to hold for few months to roll out SP 20. Some users got this issue and some are not. It seems like a users machine has some issue. I check the Microsoft security patches on both computers(users who get error and who do not get error)  and they have same patches. I did not find out what causes this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indra,

Is there anything in the EPM Add-In log that will give us a better idea of what is happening?  I would look for something that appears in the log for the user with errors compared to what is in the log for the user without errors.

Jeff